Page 12 of 418 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

"ITT - guys talk about childbirth"

i hate it when loans get kinda small, like reasonable that "if you moved some money around ..." you could pay them off entirely. i hate this because it presents a choice. when a loan is so large there is no possible way you could pay it off, you pay your payment, or you decide you can afford a bit more than the payment, and you pay that. simple. easy. but when a loan gets down in that "if i just sold a few shares of company stock ...." low, you are presented with the idea ... that you should possibly do this. never mind that you just spent years of a your life affording the monthly payment, and will continue to be able to afford the monthly payment the 2-10 more payments.

maybe im just impatient.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Lets see - for the most part nothing will happen. Very little to be worried about. We still had complications but the doctors often have it well in hand.

I did get to 'catch' one of my kids, and that was an amazing experience. I missed one because my wife delivered so fast and we had no one to watch the rest of the kid when she went. We even LiveStreamed one delivery for our friends and family.

We have had NICU kids, kids with wrapped cords, C Section (would rather catch then watch that again) and the like. All turned out fantastic in the end. There might be a bit of panic, some horrid doctors (when you don't get yours - that can suck), mostly awesome ones, and in the end: Your kid has an excellent chance of surviving. Momma will do weird things like the water won't break till you get home from work. Or like above, she will hang on and deliver right close to something like kidney failure.

It is rare for there to be a problem they can't solve. We had 3 awesome, and one sucky experience and all of our kids are fantastic and healthy.

You most likely will be just fine. Not much to worry about, and it will be an amazing day. 2 years later you might be cursing the day, but it is an experience that is going to change every day afterwards. Enjoy it, don't worry unless the doctor gets really worried, and even then they most likely have it. NICU is flat out a miracle room if they have a problem.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    In the delivery room, you'll be fine. When they take you to the nursery with the baby while they clean the Mrs. up, that's when you'll lose it. I did.
    hahaha good to know so I can be prepared.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i hate it when loans get kinda small, like reasonable that "if you moved some money around ..." you could pay them off entirely. i hate this because it presents a choice. when a loan is so large there is no possible way you could pay it off, you pay your payment, or you decide you can afford a bit more than the payment, and you pay that. simple. easy. but when a loan gets down in that "if i just sold a few shares of company stock ...." low, you are presented with the idea ... that you should possibly do this. never mind that you just spent years of a your life affording the monthly payment, and will continue to be able to afford the monthly payment the 2-10 more payments.

maybe im just impatient.
    Maybe you should just do a real cost analysis like a real engineer. If the anticipated rate of growth of your company stock outstrips the interest on your loans, then it's an easy decision, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Maybe you should just do a real cost analysis like a real engineer. If the anticipated rate of growth of your company stock outstrips the interest on your loans, then it's an easy decision, isn't it?
    the feeling of being debt free is difficult to quantify.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Wayne
    The first boy was a long wait, but not brutal. We were there for 13 hours before he joined us. The second one was a different story. The nurse had her do a test push when it was time. She had to make her stop after the second push of that contraction because if not, she was going to deliver. Called the doc in, pushed 3 times (so a single contraction) and there he was.

If the doc tells you to watch, you watch. If they tell you to look away for a second, do that too. Nothing major there, but I'm sure she'd had people pass out in the past.

And the biggest curiosity? Yes, everything goes back to normal but talk about the longest wait ever.

I like practicing making. Much more fun. All the work and none of the responsibility.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    the feeling of being debt free is difficult to quantify.
    Ain't you just buy a house? Is a mortgage not debt now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I like practicing making. Much more fun. All the work and none of the responsibility.
    Hell yeah.