Page 124 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I am curious about the drivetrain layout to the motor and rear wheel though. Have more pics?
    Yeah, let me pull it out and I'll take some pictures. What do you want to see?
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Insider
    WELL.... you probably can answer my curiosity with out having to pull it out and all of that. But I wouldn't mind a look. I had an idea for a trike, but making the choice for which drive leaves lots of interesting options but not a lot of 'this works great.' Also the Model A style front end: doing that for looks to go with the Hot Rod theme, or?

What I do see is the motor, mounted before a firewall, a transmission is behind that I suspect, but then the drive to the wheel is a belt drive - rotated 90 degrees from the transmission if you ran a little 3 speed or something. So a small 90 degree axle assembly? Or hydrostatic?

Thank you!
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Yeah, the front is somewhat style over substance, but it seems to work well enough - the Hot Rod scene is very large around here, so its something people will recognise.

So it's currently an 88Ci Harley engine at the front, going to a 5-speed T9 gearbox out of a Ford Sierra. At the moment, we're using a differential from a honda GL1100 (half of our proper gearing is here, but the housing hasn't arrived yet). So, small 90 degree axle assembly.

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Whatever you posted, no worky. Disappointed

Making the jump to 4k TV this weekend. Refund in and we're splurging a bit. Nothing crazy though.

Insider
    How do you get content for that
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Whatever you posted, no worky. Disappointed
    P1000181.jpg

I hope that works (never quite sure if they do or not)

EDIT: It cut off the bottom of the picture for some reason.
    https://goo.gl/photos/J8wYCTzjsh63cGg97

Nice looking rear end there

Insider
    Okay, the pic made it through on the link - that is kinda clever.

Good use of parts - the Gullwing Diff looks like it would work well. The transmission would be a decent choice for size and layout. How hard was it to mount the Harley block to the transmission?

And the flying axle thingy the diff is connected to - did you have to do that a couple times to get it right, or did it drop in an rock from day one? I can see where it might be a total pain in the ass, but maybe it wasn't.

Good job either way!

Due to the way I was looking at what I want to do, I figured on an engine mounted proper inline, with the original gearbox and a chain or belt going back. Simple, less profanity.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    How do you get content for that
    If this is in reference to me - Netflix and Amazon are doing 4K streaming on some stuff. I know Vudu has some shows in 4K UHD as well. I figured, I'd future proof ourselves a bit with this, as 4K is only going to get more mainstream.