Page 13 of 418 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Might be lame to the average user on here, but I found a great way to personal, cheap christmas gifts for my GF's family... I'm crocheting infinity scarves. Have 1 almost half done... Yea, I might not finish in time and it's kinda scary. However, I just finished one yarn ball and moved to another on that half-done one, and it's kind of exciting as it's the first time I've continued a piece properly.

Like I said, lame. But, I'm making things.

OH and I probably shouldn't say this now, but 2 of 3 of my exams felt like they went really well, have my last of the term on Thursday. Next term I get to take Controls II where we actually start discrete controls. I'm super excited about that.

Designing a clutch controller for my Formula Hybrid team (might have mentioned it previously... oops?) and figured out a way to streamline the pneumatic circuit. Lower parts count and make the controls aspect even easier... just by swapping two parts.

PS - MAC34's - all three ports are threaded, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Ain't you just buy a house? Is a mortgage not debt now?
    car debt-free, or school debt-free, you know. paying off any big loan like that is always feels good.

mortgage currently fits under "way too big i could never pay it off even if i moved all my money around, so ill just pay what i can on it"
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

We talk at length about building stuff, and how it's neat to watch a project come together. So watch the video below BEFORE the making of one. This will give you some background on what they are making.

I would love to be involved in building stuff like that.

thats very interesting

Insider
    I'm so glad that I quit, yet, so intrigued by WoW... I don't think I'd enjoy it though, having played at a world ranked level (lol epeen) trying to be a casual...

In the meantime I did resub to EVE. Much lower time commitment and super challenging!

ugh EVE, it justs looks so cool, but every time I try it, I just get so bored. Hopefully Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous scratch my itch!

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
    ugh EVE, it justs looks so cool, but every time I try it, I just get so bored. Hopefully Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous scratch my itch!
    I have high hopes for Star Citizen. Big fan of Chris Roberts' work (I played the hell out of every Wing Commander game.)

Insider
    I've left and gone back to eve a few times over the last 4 years. most recently was because RL just got too busy.

The latest changes make playing casual even better - unlimited skill queue!

I've found faction warfare to be the most fun I've had in game. There's always fights, opportunities for piracy, and most of it happens in cheap ships you can easily replace on a small to modest income.

Free 3 week trial here: https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?...5&action=buddy

Dayspring: So glad to hear that your wife is OK. As someone whose kidneys did fail I get allot of reading material from the hospital and sometimes it talks about pregnancy and kidney disease. They mention not to get pregnant, just don't, but if you do get a doctor who specializes in complicated pregnancies. Some of the material would talk about pregnancy triggered kidney problems. It can be a really bad scene. Your heart and kidneys affect each other and being pregnant affects everything. A bad cascading series of health problems can occur. So if your wife decides to have another child please be super careful, even by pregnancy standards. However, having said all that, you know this time. I am sure they can help if ot happens again and it is detected early.

pbmexico: Wow, big news. Hope it goes well. Tell us once in Happens.

Pumpscott: Yeah, really. It disappoints me in general there are no women on Inception. Almost all of my co-workers are women. One day the only other male employee at the time asked someone something childbirth. Then all the others chimed in on the gross details of what it is like. The only woman in the room at the time who was not a mother walked out exclaiming "i am never having children, never!"

Since everyone else is sharing out stuff about their lives in this thread: I am finally on the transplant list. My younger brother has been disqualified from donating, but my older brother is getting tested as is my cousin in Calgary.