Page 130 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

god i hate powerpoint engineering
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    It's for the provincial government, and on their little info videos they straight up say that the interview process takes a long time. I didn't realize they meant THIS long.
    I had a friend who went through one for a local refinery. It was 6 weeks between each interview, of which there were three levels, and you didn't know if you were on the list for the next interview for nearly all of those 6 weeks had passed. If you need a job, and you are competent, the economy is fairly decent, you would have found 3 before that. But Corporate wanted to be thorough...
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Well, Wednesday I learned a valuable lesson.

When spring skiing and it's ~20?C and you've taken all unnecessary clothing off, be sure to replace it with sunscreen.

My face, neck, hands, ears... All sunburnt.

Another valuable lesson I've learned: don't assume that P-ch FETs are within spec, and don't use P-ch FETs in a 'held off with a signal to gate' when you should have used an N-ch in a 'it's held on' scenario.

I've got a P-ch FET that turns on at ~ -100mV Vgs when the spec is 0.8 - 2V. I could have slightly modified my circuit to use an N channel, but nooooo I apparently had to use a P. Lesson learned... Now I need to do some signal conditioning to help prevent the droop I'm seeing. And replace the FETs with ones with a MUCH higher Vgs(th).

I'll post the schematic later, posting this from phone.

http://www.virtuepb.com/site/free-3d...-spire-1400ml/

Virtue releases "April Fools" top shell for the Spire.

So this is what I was talking about. Works great, other than the whole "super sensitive MOSFET" thing.

If I were to do it again, I'd be removing the status Pchannels (16A/17A), and putting them (as N-channels) in series with 18B. Still keep the button just above 18B, but the mosfets just above that. The IMD puts out a (Vs - 2)V output that I didn't realize wasn't Vs... and since both signals are "high is good", this would give me a better system stability. Can fix, just sucks to have to make a new board.

Other than that, really happy with the performance (read: power consumption and functionality) of the circuit.

Virtue shell doesn't look too bad to me. Might print one for kicks. I don't find it that funny looking since everything looks funny at first when it's a new idea, but I do agree that they need a better way to measure paint use. Pods only + load at the gate makes sense to me.

In other news, Model 3 anyone? Finally Tesla will be setting up here in NZ with superchargers and the whole shebang. About time. Might well be my next. Probably not actually available til 2019 but oh well.
    Last edited by vijil; 04-01-2016 at 09:52 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Insider
    Having replaced my GTI with an ATS4 in February (got Old Ladied... sigh), not really interested in the Model 3 until I can get it serviced in MI...

I do have 220 already in the garage though...

I think it looks great but SHOULD HAVE BEEN A HATCH BACK.

In the meantime I'll keep enjoying turbo awd fossil fuel burning...

The carnage:

The replacement:
    Last edited by Fred; 04-03-2016 at 03:37 PM.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

I like the caddy.

The 4 doors will help IMMENSELY with your child. Especially the extra survival gear thag babies almost require anytime you take them out into the world.

damn old ladies