Page 131 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Nice caddy, don't see those here.

Wouldn't be too surprised if the Model 3 ends up with variants as per most mass market cars - I'd be down for a station wagon. Whether or not I can deal with the current version will depend to some extent to how big the frunk is - can I get a full size suitcase in it or at least close? How many of the above can I get in the rear? One front and two rear would do the trick.

I'm in our capital city, so I'm fairly confident there'll be superchargers and service centres nearby soon enough.
    Last edited by vijil; 04-03-2016 at 10:09 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

My quality of life would improve if I never heard the word innovation again.

Insider
    Yes, the 4 doors is much better for getting the baby seat in and out. The German shepherd, too! Our stroller almost fills the trunk though.
    I also had to get an automatic... It's an 8 speed which is strange but I'm pretty happy with the performance. Digital boost gauge is fun, too!

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    My quality of life would improve if I never heard the word innovation again.
    wah?

also took a bad roads burn tonight after a frustrating day and came to two conclusions:

#1. the guys in the video i posted on AO are fucking nuts. i can push 80 or 90 out there without too much risk, but doing 100+ is just ridiculous
    #2. a bone stock NA miata is, im pretty sure, the best street purpose car of all time. its perfect. when no one is measuring you, when you are not racing, when you are not out to impress anyone, when the rubber meets the road and you are out there to simply enjoy a drive ... nothing beats it. period. its perfect. just keep that twin cam cookin and its simply perfect. i've had more fun in that 500 dollar car, than anything else ive ever driven.

the third conclusion was work related about a new method for nano-structuring, so that i can't divulge. could be patent material.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 04-05-2016 at 12:09 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

So our Formula Hybrid team took the car to a local autocross event... Wanted to get some track time.Test the car at high(er than allowed in the parking lot at school!) It was all of our guys' first time racing like this. We're currently ICE only (having motor controller issues, of course) and it's a KTM 250 pushing ~50HP. Car weighs ~600 lbs.

As you can see, we actually did reasonably well, raw time: http://www.vmsc.ca/wp-content/upload...RAWScores.html

Had 4 drivers, best of which placed 22nd overall, the worst of which placed 44th (55 total racers). The 'worst' driver had his very first time driving the car that day, so he took his first run quite slowly. BUT - he made up 25 seconds over 5 runs. That's quite a large improvement.

TBH, I really, really would have liked to be driving. I feel like I'd do a good job, but for some reason, no matter how much design work I do, they just don't let me drive. ugh.... Oh well. I enjoy seeing the car go and my work paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    So our Formula Hybrid team took the car to a local autocross event... Wanted to get some track time.Test the car at high(er than allowed in the parking lot at school!) It was all of our guys' first time racing like this. We're currently ICE only (having motor controller issues, of course) and it's a KTM 250 pushing ~50HP. Car weighs ~600 lbs.

As you can see, we actually did reasonably well, raw time: http://www.vmsc.ca/wp-content/upload...RAWScores.html

Had 4 drivers, best of which placed 22nd overall, the worst of which placed 44th (55 total racers). The 'worst' driver had his very first time driving the car that day, so he took his first run quite slowly. BUT - he made up 25 seconds over 5 runs. That's quite a large improvement.

TBH, I really, really would have liked to be driving. I feel like I'd do a good job, but for some reason, no matter how much design work I do, they just don't let me drive. ugh.... Oh well. I enjoy seeing the car go and my work paying off.
    just come and autocross after your done with school
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Is anyone willing or able to talk me out of an Impreza hatchback? Mid-level trim, CVT, no WRX or anything over the top like that. I need good MPG, some room for gear and such, and the AWD has been getting more and more appealing over the years.

Insider
    Awd is a smaller factor in all weather driving performance than having 2 sets of wheels and tires. Don't let it determine your choices. Subarus have good reliability but the interior build quality has been less than impressive, imo

Hmm, that may be an issue if interior quality isn't good. My current car is an Aveo (not great, but I can't complain too much), but my wife's stuck in a Chevy Uplander van that is literally shedding trim pieces every time we get into the damn thing.

We're getting out of both of those. Might finally be beyond the point of needing the 7-seat minivan and be able to move to something less soccer-mom-ish for her.

True about the AWD, it's not something I'd look at as the savior in bad conditions. Seen too many AWD drivers in ditches and on roofs to think that way.

Most idiots on the road forget that AWD helps you get going, but doesn't help you stop. You should see what happens out here when we get a couple inches, everyone loses their damned minds.

Regardless of your decision on the subaru, you can't go wrong with a hatchback. So much utility for a small car.