Page 132 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Is anyone willing or able to talk me out of an Impreza hatchback? Mid-level trim, CVT, no WRX or anything over the top like that. I need good MPG, some room for gear and such, and the AWD has been getting more and more appealing over the years.
    CVT: nope
    Subaru oil and head gasket problems: nope

and if MPG is at all on your list, then subarus seem like a bad choice.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

also last time i was ice racing in a subaru and couldn't get it to turn in the car owner had a comment "its a subaru, it doesn't want to turn"

which is, shockingly true.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    The only downside of hatchback life is my gym bag isn't sequestered

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Is anyone willing or able to talk me out of an Impreza hatchback? Mid-level trim, CVT, no WRX or anything over the top like that. I need good MPG, some room for gear and such, and the AWD has been getting more and more appealing over the years.
    A diesel Colorado or ram 1500 with the cummins?

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    A diesel Colorado or ram 1500 with the cummins?
    The ram 1500 doesn't come with a cummins... it comes with a VM motori (Fiat) diesel. I had an ecodiesel for a while and it was pretty solid, but oil changes were pricey. I'd suggest one of the new ridgelines, personally.

Trucks just aren't useful for the daily commute/haul around. Unless you need to be hauling dirt/mulch/stone/equipment on a regular basis, a hatch, wagon, or minivan is waaay more useful.

What I'd really like would be a TDI Passat wagon, but nobody coughs those up on the used market for a reasonable price.

Insider
    I went with the Caddy for a few reasons over other options... like every dealer locally was already sold out of their Focus RS allocations and I couldn't wait... family discount plus lease loyalty becomes a stupid good deal when you repeat (its our second ATS, wife had a 2013 which we turned in for this one on a lease pull ahead, she's in an SRX now). I looked at the Subies, too, but I've grown out of the boy-racer phase and don't have time to wrench and mod cars anymore.

Mostly? Its because the sales guys at the Caddy dealerships don't waste your time. Getting a real price on a Chevy with the options you want? LOL, good luck, prepare for the run around and a lot of time wasted with their bad attempts at upselling. I have two Caddy sales guys at two different dealerships that I use now, let them bid against each other to get me the best price, I end up leasing prior model year demos that get full warranty coverage, but are steeply discounted. Both these leases combined are less than I pay for my family's medical insurance monthly...

The VW Dealerships are going to start a war with VW over this diesel issue... and I don't think the full extent of it is in the public eye yet. Cough Cough Bosch Cough
    Good luck finding a used diesel anything from VAG group for a decent price.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

For some reason I have it in my head it would be a good project/possibly marketable item to make a gun board based on an ATMEGA328. Yes it's seriously overpowered, but idk. Ease of Arduino programming?

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Trucks just aren't useful for the daily commute/haul around. Unless you need to be hauling dirt/mulch/stone/equipment on a regular basis, a hatch, wagon, or minivan is waaay more useful.
    I feel the opposite trucks are generally the most useful vehicle. They are capable of everything and can be equipped any way imaginable.

That being said my daily commuter is my tdi golf that is stripped out to cut weight for fuel efficiency aND to remove the back seats to use it as a mini enclosed truck for me. I get around 48mpg with that for my 110 mile commute. And a pair of trucks for everything else.