Page 133 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I dunno man, I'm an absolute machine at parallel parking, but good luck in most trucks. I've managed it in a Hilux but it aint easy. I'd argue that for most folks a station wagon is the most practical all rounder. Trailers are cheap to hire when needed.

Hopefully the Model 3 promises of variants are legitimate. A 3 based roadster 2 seater update, a Ute (seems unlikely unless they get market specific), a station wagon, an actual hatch etc. will all be great to see.
    Last edited by vijil; 04-07-2016 at 05:38 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

i think i actually hurt myself changing out my wheels studs last night. i was sure sore, cause i don't have air tools and was using my 2 foot breaker bar to pull them through, but damn, my shoulder still hurts this morning.

god getting old sucks
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    I feel the opposite trucks are generally the most useful vehicle. They are capable of everything and can be equipped any way imaginable.

That being said my daily commuter is my tdi golf that is stripped out to cut weight for fuel efficiency aND to remove the back seats to use it as a mini enclosed truck for me. I get around 48mpg with that for my 110 mile commute. And a pair of trucks for everything else.
    Most states it's illegal to toss bodies in the bed of a truck, and as you make the cab bigger the bed becomes useless. Plus without a cap or topper your shit is always less secure.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i think i actually hurt myself changing out my wheels studs last night. i was sure sore, cause i don't have air tools and was using my 2 foot breaker bar to pull them through, but damn, my shoulder still hurts this morning.

god getting old sucks
    Pro tip, that doesn't seem to get any better at all. I screwed up my shoulder changing the back brakes on our van a month or so ago. Not that it wasn't screwed up before, but it hurt for a week after that. Twinged my back, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Most states it's illegal to toss bodies in the bed of a truck, and as you make the cab bigger the bed becomes useless. Plus without a cap or topper your shit is always less secure.
    From what I've read, most states allow adults to ride in the bed as long as you don't drive on highways. FWIW, I've driven a few friends in the bed of my truck around downtown Atlanta without getting stopped, even when passing by both campus and Atlanta police.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Its illegal in jersey to ride people in the back of a truck so I dont have anything to really add to that. And with the cabs making the bed useless, a 6ft bed with the tailgate up and a 4 door truck still seats five and has more room in the bed than a hatch or a wagon if you choose to get one that way, there isnt a rule saying that you cant have an extended cab and an 8ft bed either it just whatever fits your needs and preferences.

Same with the point of having a cap or cover on your bed. If you want to make a more secured area you have the option to convert the truck into whatever it is you need where as any car is more limited to its overall utility.

With a truck you have way more choices to make it as useful as you need it be where as a car you are pretty limited in comparison.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post

god getting old sucks
    Bro,

Get air tools.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

No, get something more than those little twigs you call arms. But air tools will help. I hate doing anything without air. Its more of a time issue than not being able to tighten/loosen. Besides, you should have put a pipe on the breaker bar, and used some force multipliers. Didn't you learn that in school

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    No, get something more than those little twigs you call arms. But air tools will help. I hate doing anything without air. Its more of a time issue than not being able to tighten/loosen. Besides, you should have put a pipe on the breaker bar, and used some force multipliers. Didn't you learn that in school
    the problem with force multiplier is they take even longer.

so unless you actually fundamentally need the torque, they are actually more of a hassle then they are worth. if you can move them without, it goes much quicker.

you'd know this if you worked on cars at all.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    a 6ft bed with the tailgate up and a 4 door truck still seats five
    I feel the opposite trucks are generally the most useful vehicle. They are capable of everything and can be equipped any way imaginable.
    I have a Suburban. Bench seats. Seats 9 and I can still get in a lot of full sheets of plywood, or a queen mattress and even most couches. If it is more than that, 5000lb towing capacity or the roof rack. Everything is secure and I get 18-19mpg doing 80 on the Texas freeway with it full of people and gear. The mile per gallon per person couldn't be beat, and the ride is nice. It is the solution for wanting to have it all. We love ours. But then, 5 kids at home and occasionally 2 exchange students or friends, it makes a bit more sense. Parks decent, good visibility actually, great for camping, easy and cheap to work on, LS block.

That being said my daily commuter is my tdi golf that is stripped out to cut weight for fuel efficiency a to remove the back seats to use it as a mini enclosed truck for me. I get around 48mpg with that for my 110 mile commute. And a pair of trucks for everything else.
    Had the mk4 TDI Golf, 4 door, automatic (first 4 door I could find a few years ago and buy before it was bought out underneath me.) Lots of room, got it because of a 140 mile RT, 42 mpg going as fast as I thought I could get away with. I think it was part TARDIS. The gas saving over my Acura made it budget negative, basically a free car.

My advice: get one of each.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com