Page 15 of 418 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Either more fans or go liquid. Liquid would probably be a better idea.

I got a surface pro 3 for Christmas, I'm super excited to finally be able to digitize my notes. Its too bad that onenote's PDF import function is so weak, it'd be nice to be able to import slides better.

The "ICD" threaded Nano feedneck must be the same as the "Angel" threads on Automag ULE bodies.

I took one off an Axe I'm selling and it went right onto the ULE body.

I'm guessing the Violent feednecks will work for Automag bodies also.

endeavor to persevere.......

Ion threads (also found on the Axe) are remarkably similar to Angel threads, but they're not the same. Sometimes you can get away with putting an Ion threaded neck on an Angel threaded body. I don't know if that's one of those "only if the threads were made sloppy" kind of things, but I'd hate to count on it working every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Ion threads (also found on the Axe) are remarkably similar to Angel threads, but they're not the same. Sometimes you can get away with putting an Ion threaded neck on an Angel threaded body. I don't know if that's one of those "only if the threads were made sloppy" kind of things, but I'd hate to count on it working every time.
    EXCEPT ICD didn't use Ion feednecks! ICD came before the ion...

ICD uses a .810 thread for the feednecks and SP is somewhere less than that, partly b3cause of SP's quality control...

Now, some ICD feednecks will go right into Angel threads, some are loose and some don't thread in. Ion threads are similar but ICD threads are singular. On Empire Universal feednecks, Empire cut them to ICD threads. It says so right on the package. It works out great for me, since i have a plethora of ICD guns. So please don't call ICD threads Ion threads for the feednecks.

Heh, had no idea those were ICD threads. Could have sworn I saw someone in the know saying the Empire guns that were threaded were Ion threaded, but I could be mistaken.

Well you can say you learned something new today

Sorry, i just hate when people don't give ICD any credit. Granted ICD didn't make Empire choose that thread, but it is what it is...

ICD and SP specs are the same, the minor differences in diameter are just different allowances for the parts fitting together. (the theoretical size is .813", but male threading will always measure undersize)

Anyway, they shouldn't fit with an Angel-threaded body but I must admit I've observed the same "it seems to fit" thing. The threads are so fine that they'll appear to mate correctly if the fit is sloppy. If you had a screw then it would only go together like 1.5 turns before seizing up. (Angel threads are 0.029" pitch, Piranha/ICD/SP/Omen threads are 0.031" pitch...close close)

Feedneck thread tolerances are a pain in the ass no matter the gun. They're cheaper to make, but more difficult to make good...

yeah I was always a huge fan of direct body clamping styles like the ego, no tiny threads to worry about

closer feedneck is strongest feedneck I have ever seen on a marker and nicest from a design stanpoint IMO

I'll admit to putting an Ion threaded neck on an A1 I owned a number of years ago. The gun came with a no-rise CCM neck that killed two of my hoppers. I had to do something. There was a lot of "Angels shouldn't have Ion necks!!!!!! You'll kill the gun!!!! ZOMG!!!", and I was hesitant, but it did work. I'd bet the Angel metric spec and the Ion standard spec are exceptionally similar, but someone would have to do the math on that to know for sure, and trust me, it shouldn't be me doing that math.

all that really matters is the diameter and the pitch like Andy said

since there are so few threads on most feednecks you can get away with a few thou' difference in pitch because it does not add up to much

I have used 32 tpi thread mills to mill female metric threads for some bullet valve noids we are using because the pitch is only off by about 2 thou' and it only needs a few full threads to be functional
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.