Page 155 of 418 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    What's your line of work again?

I'm looking for something new, been at it for a year but the geotech stuff isn't really up my ally.
    Real estate title examiner. I've done that for a pretty long time at this point, and done it in a wide range of counties in my area. My experience is significant compared to others who do this, but I'm not sure I still want to do this. The real estate industry in this area is somewhat bat-crap crazy.

Still think the best job I ever had was running the rental shop at a marina. The pay sucked, but I was in the business of selling a day of fun to people, I was on the water, nobody screwed with me, it was a good life. Damn shame the owners drove that place into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Left side is millions of 'workers participating'. Right side is millions for Unemployment applications. Bottom is year.
    It's not percentages? Would have figured a rate would be a percentage...

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Would have figured a rate would be a percentage...
    This is clearly correct.

Insider
    It is percentage. Ugh. Too much work. I need a break.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Man, fuck compaction testing.

I'm working on a landfill right now, and we're installing a layer of compacted clay to reduce the chance of substances permeating the topsoil. For me that means following a vibratory compactor around with a nuclear gauge, sticking a radioactive specimen in the ground and measuring the counts to get an idea of the soil density.

Working on a 7 acre slab of dirt in 90 degrees dehydrates you in half a second.

That doesn't sound like a job they need a physicist to do, as long as they know what numbers to look for.

They don't, but it kinda pays the bills for now.

#underemployed

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-a.../recursion.gif

What kind of job would you be passionate about, Steve? I have had pretty good luck networking into circles and then waiting for that to spawn opportunities. You don't seem the type to be strongly motivated by money (within reason).

I enjoy doing things with a big workspace. With a fairly well-defined end goal, but not a lot of constraints on how to get there. I work better with other people interacting on a project than alone.

I do really enjoy optics and electronics, if you're looking for subject matter. That's the current goal, to eventually get back into that.

How do people move cross country without first flying there to see places? Holy hell this is frustrating.