Page 162 of 418 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    This will probably appeal to several in here:

http://bit-player.org/2016/the-39th-root-of-92

Thank you, Lurker. I found that really interesting.

I can't tell if this is an unusually slow summer for paintball news, or if I've been distracted by having a new job this year. Does it seem like most of the forums (not just here) are quieter than they have been the past few years? Even OT hasn't had an update since August 7th.

yup, well, my 3 year plan to do spec miata is getting finalized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrr_OQiBevU
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    I can't tell if this is an unusually slow summer for paintball news, or if I've been distracted by having a new job this year. Does it seem like most of the forums (not just here) are quieter than they have been the past few years? Even OT hasn't had an update since August 7th.
    I feel the same way it seems like the Pb forums are all dieing off

Forums in general are dying off. The kids seem to favor things like instagram, snapchat, pinterest etc.

It's too easy to have an in-depth long term conversation on a forum, not to mention go back and find information that's been previously offered. Instant social media voids all of those, and fits better with the kids these days.

I get the kids are not on them but have we really lost that many guys from our times?

I'm 27 and have been on pbn since 04. There used to be like 2000 people on way back then and that number only went up. Did everyone get replaced by a 16 year old? It seems like there still should be the same old group posting always which is a large group in terms of pbn.

old dude grew up and out, or at least out of the daily stupidity that is a paintball forum.

i know im guilty of it. i simply don't really care to argue with folks about the simplest and stupidest things in paintball anymore.

"accuracy problems: buy better paint" - Angle LED manual.

how little we have progressed from there.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Summer is tough. The heat, family vacations, etc and what not. Its so easy to sit in a pool or go to the beach than gather gear and head out to thrle field to sweat buckets. It always seems that the more time you think you have, the less time you actually have.

Come the fall, you'll have more people coming on, excited about the upcoming products to be shown at World Cup, getting parts for winter builds, or even people wanting this gun or part, hoping the prices came down.