Page 170 of 418 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I hate Comcast. Had to bitch and moan like crazy to get anywhere near what we are paying for. They wanted to blame everything but their service.

My aunt has Comcast. Two weeks ago they deactivated her email saying that they detected fraudulent activity coming from it. She's been trying daily to get it resolved, including running multiple types of anti-virus and anti-malware programs that they've directed her to use. They refuse to tell her what activity they detected, and no matter how many scans have come back clean, they refuse to reinstate her email access. She otherwise has full internet access for websurfing and streaming. Most of the time, her calls magically get disconnected during the discussion. I have no idea what the real story is there, but having tried to help her fix it, I can attest that they either have really crappy phone service or intentionally cut off her calls as she tries to resolve her issue.

I told her to leave for Google Fiber or Verizon FIOS, but I don't think either has quite reached her doorstep yet.

Baltimore signed an exclusivity contract with Comcast, which is due to expire next year (2017).

Doesn't matter though, Verizon and Google have explicitly stated they have no intention of expanding into the city.

Woo hoo!

Edit: Oh and funny story, Comcast realized people hate them so much that they changed the name of the stadium at the University of Maryland from the Comcast Center to the Xfinity Center. Re-branding will help, right?
    Last edited by PBSteve; 09-13-2016 at 03:34 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Baltimore signed an exclusivity contract with Comcast, which is due to expire next year (2017).

Doesn't matter though, Verizon and Google have explicitly stated they have no intention of expanding into the city.

Woo hoo!

Edit: Oh and funny story, Comcast realized people hate them so much that they changed the name of the stadium at the University of Maryland from the Comcast Center to the Xfinity Center. Re-branding will help, right?
    gotta love blatant corruption.

seriously, we need to start sending these folks to prison. like right now.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    gotta love blatant corruption.

seriously, we need to start sending these folks to prison. like right now.
    Just hang one would be cheaper and put everyone in line faster

Insider
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    roadkill made a tube framed shell of a c4 already, and yes, it was excellent!
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Re-branding will help, right?
    Once upon a time, Amway thought the same thing. I forget what they briefly renamed themselves, but they went back to being Amway. Quickstar or something like that, maybe?

That reminds me, nobody's tried to have me look at their amazing business opportunity in quite a while. Kind of makes me wonder if the whole thing is dying out a bit, or if I'm just moving in different circles lately.

so im going to an "MN Exotics" track day tonight. these are the guys who get busted doing 130 on the freeway etc etc. morons with too much money, buying totally useless cars.

so exicted.

will bring go pro, will be passing lambos, ferraris, and mcclarrens all evening.

and if there is a someone with some skill in one, ill get video of that too, cause it would be AWESOME. but i highly doubt it. there are many locals faster than me ... i just happen to know most of them by name and hang out with them every weekend. and, they all drive cheap cars like the rest of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    so im going to an "MN Exotics" track day tonight. these are the guys who get busted doing 130 on the freeway etc etc. morons with too much money, buying totally useless cars.

so exicted.

will bring go pro, will be passing lambos, ferraris, and mcclarrens all evening.

and if there is a someone with some skill in one, ill get video of that too, cause it would be AWESOME. but i highly doubt it. there are many locals faster than me ... i just happen to know most of them by name and hang out with them every weekend. and, they all drive cheap cars like the rest of us do.
    well that went pretty much as expected:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMe8_aaVsK8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IgAJDDiLls