Page 181 of 418 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    The real question is why does your Minnesota because race car have ac

my 944 is NOT my race car.

AC is real nice to have when crossing nebraska after a week of camping and driving and mountains.

also, can we just talk for a second. every single time i type or say the word radiator, it hurts a little inside. a radiator does not work by radiation. period. it works by convection. radiators are not radiators, they are convectors. they should be called convectors.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Well, that would depend on whether the car was stationary or moving, surely?

HDD (Heat Dissipation Device) would be a better term.

I use AC all the time just to help prevent condensation build-up in the car and the windows steaming up. Porsche AC (on newer cars) is a complete and utter PITA in that it switches off below 3C, which is EXACTLY when you need it to stop your windows steaming up on a cold morning. Grrrr.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Well, that would depend on whether the car was stationary or moving, surely?

HDD (Heat Dissipation Device) would be a better term.

I use AC all the time just to help prevent condensation build-up in the car and the windows steaming up. Porsche AC (on newer cars) is a complete and utter PITA in that it switches off below 3C, which is EXACTLY when you need it to stop your windows steaming up on a cold morning. Grrrr.
    even when the car is stationary, the fans kick on, forcing the convection term to dominate.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Doesn't the heat need to conduct or radiate from the radiator to the air before it can be convected away?

Coolest use for drones EVER

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

i really would enjoy something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--9G6-Ooc1w

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That's one very cool video. Watching liquid lava like that is mind blowing.
    It's hard to keep in mind that's liquid rock, over three times as dense as water. The roar must be mind-boggling in person.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i really would enjoy something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--9G6-Ooc1w
    That looks amazing. Would love to do that.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..