Page 184 of 418 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Going to a 6.5' box and the standard 3.5 V6, and adding in some incentives/rebates, I could probably get to 25. Manual windows/mirrors/locks. Vinyl floors. No cruise. Adding that stuff back in adds $1300 with the package discount, if it was wanted/needed. $90 for a tow package.

Yeah, it could be done, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Going to a 6.5' box and the standard 3.5 V6, and adding in some incentives/rebates, I could probably get to 25. Manual windows/mirrors/locks. Vinyl floors. No cruise. Adding that stuff back in adds $1300 with the package discount, if it was wanted/needed. $90 for a tow package.

Yeah, it could be done, I think.
    im saying a company could make such a truck fairly simply.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    You want a Fleet Truck.

Hand crank windows, AM radio. Mirrors. Rubber floors. Cloth bench seats. Hard plastic interiors.

You can get them really basic.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/fleet-spec...mercial-trucks
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Got to love small pickups

Miss isuzu in america. My luv truck has the 2.2l diesel in it, with the 5 speed trans swap it can cruise pretty well and gets like 35 mpg, short bed and 4x4.

I love my ranger to, thats why its still in the family, perfect size little truck. Motors to big and fuel efficiency is terrible but I love the cloth split bench, vinyl floor, auto on the tree with 4x4.

I still have an old 1978 f250 with a full size bed, that's my true work truck, simple bench auto trans, 4x4, when I need to haul materials or trailers it is a fantastic truck but fuel efficiency is literally a joke. The others are great for running around.

I don't really get modern truck culture, I agree with you guys I hate the suv style interior in them, the short beds on full size trucks, and the massive price tags.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    You want a Fleet Truck.

Hand crank windows, AM radio. Mirrors. Rubber floors. Cloth bench seats. Hard plastic interiors.

You can get them really basic.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/fleet-spec...mercial-trucks
    the truck im looking at buying is an ex-fleet truck. US forest service from what i hear.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I am personally fond of dodge laramie 4x4s with the 8 speed. I had an ecodiesel, but on my next one I'm going with the hemi. Does everything I need and driven mildly it'll get me 18 mpg or so. Way the heck better than the tundra 4x4 I've been driving that maxes out around 13.5.

Yeah, but dodge consistently builds vehicles with extremely high repair rates and corrosion problems. You won't catch me buying one.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Their trucks are fine and the 8 speed in their half ton is without question the best. All the cars and most of the SUVs are pretty sub par.

Look up Dodge in the dictionary, and it means "to avoid"

In reality, auto-manufacturers rarely do the smart or what people actually want. Constantly trying to upgrade and upsale us so they can get more from the hottom dollar.

Know why Dodge killed the Slant-6? Not because it was a bad engine, far from it. It was because it was too good, too reliable. They literally lost money on repairs because there was never a problem with it.

So by not having a 1/2 ton pickup that has a smaller than a full-size pickup diesel that people would buy in a heart beat that do not need a 1 ton pickup or even having it in a small pickup like how the rest of the world gets them. I wouod be all over a F150 that had a decent 4cyl diesel as i don't need a F250 9r F350 and that added expensive of the extras that the later trucks come with.

So, finding a truck that you like, as cheap and as boring as it may be: keep it. Far better to find a mechanic that can keep it running than an new vehicle with the higher insurance primiums, added payments, and overall costs. Buying used is the only way to really get what you want. Even paying someone to build it for you works in the long run

Insider
    Do you guys not get Mitsubishi L200's over there? I just bought the bosses old 100k mile one off him (He's got VW Amorack now) for knocking around the garden and carrying crap around in. Great little truck. My first.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..