Page 185 of 418 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Nope, no L200 here. Honestly, there's literally nothing in the "quite small truck" category. Not sure if they were just not good sellers or if the manufacturers have decided to keep upsizing everything until people don't want them anymore (cough, Taurus, cough).

Insider
    Look up Dodge in the dictionary, and it means "to avoid"
    One of my favorite vehicle names was the Dodge Ram Charger. All action words.

Yeah, but dodge consistently builds vehicles with extremely high repair rates and corrosion problems. You won't catch me buying one.
    The new Dodge (well Ram now since they are a 'separate company' now) trucks are starting to make solid inroads into the fleet rental market because they are being made very well. A lot of the old expectations are there, but new Ram trucks are as good or better than Ford/Chevy for reliability and quality of manufacture. This is a recent thing though.

We would see the L200 in Corpus, but that was because they were driven up from Mexico. That and Ford Ranger crew cabs. Quite a few in the border towns.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

I agree with Josh. Ram is a separate company now and having been a long-time GM fan, ram simply builds a better truck now. The transmission is absolutely stellar... read a little about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission. Pretty sure it wouldn't be in a Rolls Royce, Bentley or Maserati if it wasn't solid. I had that mated to the little 6 cylinder diesel and could manage almost 30 mpg with a 4 door 4 wheel drive. At this point the newer hemis are pretty decent too, so the powertrain is solid. Now it's a matter of chassis and interior and the materials inside are FAR superior to GM and ford using aluminum is idiotic. I've seen very few people with an ecoboost that even get anywhere near advertised mileage and most get below the 5.0 economy when under even the slightest loads. So that leaves, what, toyota? I've had 3 in a row and none would get above 14mpg consistently, materials and ride quality is crap. All 3 had issues with the EGR/ emissions system or ethanol. No great options, but remove the ford hat and put down the chevy coffee mug and try to be objective. Right now ram makes the best half ton truck.

If you're looking for a practical smaller truck the new ridgeline fits the bill. I don't like the styling, but it is well designed for what it is.

i would never touch anything made by FCA, except maybe a viper. but even then, the corvette is the better car every single time. everything FCA makes is shit.

one of my friends is obsessed with the Mitsubishi montero, you can them insainly cheap. but im always of the opinion when you tow truck breaks down in god-only-fucking-knows middle of nowhere, its nice to have a truck you can get parts for at the local napa. thus your classic iron block LS1 trucks, old fords etc etc. you can pratically rebuild the whole engine on the side of the road, from the NAPA on the corner.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Vipers are my favorite

Heard this is the last year for them as well, shame

Also been waiting for that new Ranger for a few years

Any day now Ford

z06 of every generation is far better car than the viper of the same generation. the ownership experience would be far far better as well, as the LS/LT motor is uber common, uber cheap, well understood, well supported in aftermarket, and parts are cheap.

id still say the best bang for your buck is the grand sports ... again, every generation of the grand sport is just a great car. id argue the perfect corvette is always the grand sport.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Nope, no L200 here. Honestly, there's literally nothing in the "quite small truck" category. Not sure if they were just not good sellers or if the manufacturers have decided to keep upsizing everything until people don't want them anymore (cough, Taurus, cough).
    So, is the Colorado/Canyon not small enough? They're quite nice.

The reason nobody makes 'small' trucks anymore is because they have to meet stricter emissions standards than larger ones do.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I agree with Josh. Ram is a separate company now and having been a long-time GM fan, ram simply builds a better truck now. The transmission is absolutely stellar... read a little about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission. Pretty sure it wouldn't be in a Rolls Royce, Bentley or Maserati if it wasn't solid. I had that mated to the little 6 cylinder diesel and could manage almost 30 mpg with a 4 door 4 wheel drive. At this point the newer hemis are pretty decent too, so the powertrain is solid. Now it's a matter of chassis and interior and the materials inside are FAR superior to GM and ford using aluminum is idiotic. I've seen very few people with an ecoboost that even get anywhere near advertised mileage and most get below the 5.0 economy when under even the slightest loads. So that leaves, what, toyota? I've had 3 in a row and none would get above 14mpg consistently, materials and ride quality is crap. All 3 had issues with the EGR/ emissions system or ethanol. No great options, but remove the ford hat and put down the chevy coffee mug and try to be objective. Right now ram makes the best half ton truck.

If you're looking for a practical smaller truck the new ridgeline fits the bill. I don't like the styling, but it is well designed for what it is.
    I work for GM and I still have a hard time with their fullsize trucks. I grew up a Ford kid, with Dodge being a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    z06 of every generation is far better car than the viper of the same generation. the ownership experience would be far far better as well, as the LS/LT motor is uber common, uber cheap, well understood, well supported in aftermarket, and parts are cheap.

id still say the best bang for your buck is the grand sports ... again, every generation of the grand sport is just a great car. id argue the perfect corvette is always the grand sport.
    Went to our new office in Toronto on Friday. Saw a GS Corvette with blue interior. Not sure how I feel about that...

I love Vettes and Vipers....

But compare the recent Z06 and ACR. The ACR blows it (and just about everything else) out of the water in regards to performance metrics. That car has come full circle just in time to go out of production.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    I love Vettes and Vipers....

But compare the recent Z06 and ACR. The ACR blows it (and just about everything else) out of the water in regards to performance metrics. That car has come full circle just in time to go out of production.
    the ACR is basically just a GT3-spec car.

viper ACR is priced above a ZR1, not really comparable to a z06.