Page 192 of 418 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

New Ion: I remember you saying you were moving for a new job when it happened last year, but I did not know where you went. Since you are so close now you should do Ottawa D-Day at Commando paintball. I flew up to Ottawa for it last year and might go again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    I've think you've missed the key point: nobody will manually fly one, ever.

They won't even have controls. There will be no aviators. Air traffic will likewise be handled automatically. It's much easier to build a fully autonomous plane network than a fully autonomous car.

Texting won't be a problem. The real potential issue will be data security, but that's the same with cars.
    Ok, i DID miss the point

But, i really don't think that even with autonomous controls, that it will work. Too many people have an ego and think they could do it better. There will have to be some sort of oversight for that to haooen and at least here, in the US. No one wouod want that.

So, Airbus expects people to strap themselves into a flying device with no manual controls, and as such, no training program for flying manually if needed.

I suppose some folks might be willing to roll those dice. But there again, we haven't gotten self-driving cars right yet, much less adding a third dimension to the mix. Me, if I'm going flying, I'll trust the old Mark-1 eyeball and basic aviator skills over some computer any day.

Well, it'll be to rich for the blood of anyone posting here so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Supports Inception Designs
    Off Topic off topic, but has anyone else been watching The Good Place on NBC? Season 1 ("series 1" for some) finale was on tonight.

won't spoil it, but the first season was great and the finale really kicked it up. excited for season/series 2 if it gets renewed.

It's actually easier to build autonomous VTOLs than it is to build autonomous cars. Way less to deal with. Same reason autopilot has been around for decades but we're still struggling with cars. A few other aircraft and the odd building to avoid is nothing compared to close quarters pedestrians and roadworks. I wouldn't have a problem strapping in once it's deemed safe enough.

Anyways this one: www.lilium-aviation.com will start out as a Light Sport Aircraft to kick things off - licence and manual controls required. Seems like a decent concept.

The Good Place also looks like a cool concept.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Insider
    Requirement driven design is pretty awesome

https://medium.com/intuitionmachine/...d10#.2pz2vwiky
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Requirement driven design is pretty awesome

https://medium.com/intuitionmachine/...d10#.2pz2vwiky
    that's a really interesting article. pretty cool to see what it comes up with for design.