Page 199 of 418 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    My beast of an Audi estate has finally given up the ghost, and I needed something slightly more efficient (120 mile commute on a daily basis, a 2.5l V6 was a little too inefficient), so I bought a first gen Polo GTI.

Man, this this is twitchy. But it's small and it's pretty much OK. Although.... the belt tensioner broke 4 days after I got it, and it's got a weird electrical problem where it will throw all of the warning lights on, cough, and then bog down as if it's not getting enough fuel, then it'll be fine 100 yards later. Anyone else encountered anything like that?
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Volkswagens have crazy electrical Gremlins my mk4 golf basically gets sick every time the season changes and the electrical systems go nuts during the humid months. Flickering interior lights, door sensors not working, key fob not registering, car alarm tripping shit like that is fairly common in older vws especially the Mexico plant cars.

you had a VAG, and you decided to buy another VAG?

oooof, i had a VW once, never again.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Never had a problem with electrical in my Mk4 TDI even in the PNW. Loved driving it, had a 140mile RT daily so it basically was free when gas was $4. Chassis was decent, it was just a tad bigger on the inside then it should have been, cornered well and was gutless. Nailed 42mpg basically no matter how hard I roughed the gas pedal.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Was that always in Texas it's a bit warmer and dryer down there then the north east. You haven't lived till you were driving in an mk4 that has completely rotted out rockers and lower quarters with the overhead and stereo lights flickering on and off through a snowy/rainy downpour it's a special memory every time

Insider
    No, before I moved. Drove it down to TX.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    Just saw the list. #20. Car: Something
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

i believe deruss was driving an s2000
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... tasty

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    oh, that I love.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."