Page 2 of 418 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Tigwldr View Post
    Been working on the new anodizing shop this weekend. All the walls are insulated and the wallboard is up. Have one work bench almost completed. Its only been 8 months since we started. I figured another 8 we will be anodizing. LOL
    That sounds exciting, have you been doing some already?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That sounds exciting, have you been doing some already?
    I haven't anoed anything about 6 years. A teammate of mine use to ano and I would help him at his shop but he got out of paintball after his 3rd kid. Now my son is old enough for college so we decided to start back up.

Contacted SMC for some advice on some of their products. Got a phone call telling me that they had a team working on some suggestions.

I proposed using the same ram/sensors used on the Sandridge in a high vibration environment, asking for alternatives. They offered a $900 electric actuator. -.-

Talk about a roller-coaster of emotions. All I want is a set of HES's to mount to a 1/2" throw ram. COME ON.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigwldr View Post
    I haven't anoed anything about 6 years. A teammate of mine use to ano and I would help him at his shop but he got out of paintball after his 3rd kid. Now my son is old enough for college so we decided to start back up.
    Very cool. What name was the old team mate doing business under? There are definitely some opportunities for good anodizers right now

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Contacted SMC for some advice on some of their products. Got a phone call telling me that they had a team working on some suggestions.

I proposed using the same ram/sensors used on the Sandridge in a high vibration environment, asking for alternatives. They offered a $900 electric actuator. -.-

Talk about a roller-coaster of emotions. All I want is a set of HES's to mount to a 1/2" throw ram. COME ON.
    But electric actuators are awesome!

Very cool. What name was the old team mate doing business under? There are definitely some opportunities for good anodizers right now

PBModShop.com He had a small shop, made pump parts, machined half blocks and custom milling on cockers and Anoed.

Very cool. I am not sure, but I think that rings a bell. Time to shut up shop for the night and get a shower

But kind of out of budget for a Canadian Formula Hybrid team.

PS - http://www.amzracing.ch/en/cars

Check out dat Torque, weight, and accel. JFC.

My university's hybrid team has a SINGLE 33kW motor.

Supports Inception Designs
    Put in my 2 weeks notice at my current job. Going to be moving south 6 hours to the tip of Iowa (Missery/Ill-annoy-us) border. Further from paintball than I am now, but should be an interesting job. Will be working for a company that manufactures ordinance (things that go boom) for the U.S. Army. Belt fed 40mm grenades, mortar rounds, tank rounds, pouring C4, etc. complete 180* from what I'm doing now (production/manufacturing [new job] vs design [old job]). Positive is that I should have Fridays off and salary went up a bit, so maybe more paintball things after the wedding is paid for.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

That new jobs sounds pretty awesome!

I'm moving too! Coast to Coast, out to LA in January. Decided to finally do something with my media comm degree, little sick of the family business.

I know a handy man and a cheap worker who actually likes doing spackle. I would have to check with Ian on his schedule but i am working through Friday, Saturday i may have my nephews over for a overnight stay so Sunday through Wednesday is good for me. Your call, PM when you would want me to show up. Have knives, will travel.