Page 205 of 418 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I vaguely recall something like that, now I'm curious to remember too.
    I don't know, fly casual

Ford can fuck the fucking fuck right off about lemans BoP this year. fuck them.

i hope the ACO/FIA tell them fuck off.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Wait, what? I had to look up what was going on, and got just a bit of it. For someone who doesn't follow the LeMans racing all that closely, what's up? Near as I can tell, Ford built their cars to fit the rules, and now because they built their cars that fit the (prior) rules too well, they're getting penalized with extra weight and lower turbo boost.

Or did I miss something? I'll grant that I'm a big fan of the Ford GT vehicle itself, but I'm not "fanboy" enough to say there might not have been some sort of shenanigans afoot that aren't being talked about in the racing mainstream media.

No turbo BRZ

no, ford entered GT racing early last year and purposefully never showed what the car was capable of, and lost races on purpose. so the the organizers of races in both the USA and Europe kept giving them more BoP, less weight, more power, more aero etc etc, to try and get them competitive.

and then the day before le mans last year, they showed the true pace of the car, and out qualified everyone by like 6 seconds. which might as well be an eternity.

they sandbagged half a season in order to win le mans last year.

and now they are claiming to be BoPed out of competitiveness at le mas this year.

and to that i say get fucked ford.

1. they could be sand bagging again for a better BoP ... in which case they should get fucked.
    2. they really are BoPed out of the win ... in which case they should get fucked.

they can sit at the back of the grid while the adults race.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-08-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

So basically.... Ford pulled a massive trololol
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    So basically.... Ford pulled a massive trololol
    ford cheated. and not in a "they tried to stretch a tech rule or an on track rule" way, they attacked the most basic fundamental requirement of GT production based racing.

and they insulted the sport, and everyone else who actually takes this stuff seriously. and they should be banned from it and there win last year stripped.

without BoP you cannot have production based sports car racing. if you attack and render useless BoP, you no longer can have production based sports car racing.

fuck em.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-08-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Sounds oike they were well prepared. They did their homework and came out ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Matt131Steck View Post
    Sounds oike they were well prepared. They did their homework and came out ahead
    and they have only themselves to blame when we have no more sports car racing.

its happened before, it will happen again. it only takes one manufacturer to end it all. if you don't play fair, no one wants to play with you, and they take there money and leave. plenty of other places to spend money than on racing.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-08-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Sounds like the other teams just need to make a better car.
    I don't know, fly casual