Page 219 of 418 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    god Chrysler sucks. how do they even exist?
    Eminem? Otherwise, no clue.

Jack, that's a sweet ride.....when I was over in Monaco for the race I saw a bunch of those 1 hatches and caught myself drooling over the M's.

I've got a '17 Focus RS. Do I qualify?
    OlllllllO

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Jack, that's a sweet ride.....when I was over in Monaco for the race I saw a bunch of those 1 hatches and caught myself drooling over the M's.

I've got a '17 Focus RS. Do I qualify?
    Love the Focus RS. I had a Mk2 RS, which I don't think you guys got over there. The new one is pretty cool. Have you tried the drift mode yet
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Just bought myself an E30 body BMW to build a drift car out of. Jack, what diff did you go for?
    Last edited by emisnug; 07-05-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Love the Focus RS. I had a Mk2 RS, which I don't think you guys got over there. The new one is pretty cool. Have you tried the drift mode yet
    We did not get the RS until the current Mk3, correct. I got to see a couple of them when I was in Monaco....next to the two new 720S's I saw, those were my favorite sightings. I've only played with 'drift mode' (rear bias mode) once in the rain. Otherwise the thing just has too much grip to really break loose, especially with the Pilot SS's. It's a very fun daily driver, for sure.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    I've got a LSD ready to drop in my Focus SVT as soon as I can do the clutch, it needs the traction something fierce. There's a couple RS around here I need to hunt down.

Also emisnug what's the e30 plan? I have an M30 turbo but if I did it again I'd probably do a fully built s52 and call it good.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

SVT Focus.....proper car, man. I see one every once in a while and still drool over it to this day.
    OlllllllO

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I've got a LSD ready to drop in my Focus SVT as soon as I can do the clutch, it needs the traction something fierce. There's a couple RS around here I need to hunt down.

Also emisnug what's the e30 plan? I have an M30 turbo but if I did it again I'd probably do a fully built s52 and call it good.
    That's a really good question - at the moment just strip it and cage it (the rats got at the interior) and check it all over for rust, then probably spend months welding it. Engine wise, a friend of mine has a M62 that he doesn't want anymore so i was thinking that, but I know a grand total of nothing about BMW V8s
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by emisnug View Post
    Just bought myself an E30 body BMW to build a drift car out of. Jack, what diff did you go for?
    The M140i is getting a Quaife as it's a road car and they are quiet, maintenance-free, and transfer the torque relatively smoothly.

The M3 also needs a new diff though, and as that is more a track-biased car it is getting a Gripper diff. Gripper are a UK company and their diffs can be ordered to your own spec, so if you are building a drift car you can go for something really aggressive. Lifetime warranty too. And relatively cheap at a grand. Seems to be the diff of choice at the moment in the BM drift and race world.

OS Giken if you have unlimited budget. But still don't think it would be as good as a bespoke Gripper.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post

Show us the e30!!!