Page 220 of 418 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Jack, do you still have the Cayman? I got my first up close look at a GT4 last weekend and it was a sight to behold.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    SVT Focus.....proper car, man. I see one every once in a while and still drool over it to this day.
    Absolutely agree. Was helping the GF some 12 years ago or so go car shopping because she was tired of her 4 door Civic. There was an 4 door SVT on the lot. 34,000 miles. Talked them down a bit. I hooned it a bit on the TD. She didn't know how to drive Stick. Showed her how to drive stick on the test drive with the salesman. We walked away. They called us and dropped a huge chunk off the price. She got it for about $12k plus they took $3k for her civic.

Wish I had gotten that car for myself, it was fantastic. I still want one, it is on my list for play cars when I can get one.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

SVTs are dirt cheap. esp since the ST/RS are here now.

the fiesta ST is better though.

not that you would ever catch me driving something FWD ever again though. ew.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    SVTs are dirt cheap. esp since the ST/RS are here now.

the fiesta ST is better though.

not that you would ever catch me driving something FWD ever again though. ew.
    Question from a non-racer: What is it about FWD that you really hate? I assume it's something more than just torque steer. What's got me wondering is the 2018 Civic Type R as wired ran a pretty good article on how they managed to effectively kill the torque steer coming from the 300HP engine.

Insider
    Acceleration moves weight to the back wheels, braking moves weight up front.

Fwd will pretty much always have power on traction issues and because so front heavy tend to have poor corner dynamics as well. (The svt is stripped and actually oversteers when trail braked. I moved the battery to the back and it helps, but isn't a full solution.

Torque steer isn't that much of a real issue in comparison

911 is the answer for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Acceleration moves weight to the back wheels, braking moves weight up front.

Yeah, maybe a hair because of the suspension...

Or I suppose in your case because the battery is rolling around in the cabin :P
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Load transfer happens even in the absence of any suspension compliance.

Justin did the battery relocation so it's actually hard mounted and in a box instead of adhesive or velcro in my case :-)
    Last edited by Lurker27; 07-06-2017 at 08:21 PM.

I don't know how you're defining load transfer, but it's a result of an applied torque about the COM, not weight shifting

Insider
    Oh phew word choice thing not physics thing

I couldn't pass up the opportunity