Page 226 of 418 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I like your new avatar, Steve.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Working here, too. Finishing up a 9 day offsite event for the dealership. I'm the only one out there who's actually done well. Starting to think the promotional company the bosses hired to "run" this thing screwed us big time. They said they'd sent out 100000 mailers. I think they truthfully sent somewhere between 10000 and 20000.

On a nicer note, I might be taking the family to AirVenture in Oshkosh on Tuesday, assuming we've still got tickets left. Haven't been there in a few years, and watching all the birds fly over has been eating at my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Designing more paintball stuff that probably won't be out until the end of next year... if then. Product development takes soo much longer than people think. Well, other than the people on this forum
    Gee, you don't want to do something like make a teaser post, followed up by 14 months of once in a while new pictures from the mill, and "we've had a setback because of our subcontractor that we cheaped out on" scenarios?

God, the Reptile was a fiasco. I still can't figure out what Bob and company were thinking on that one.

IMO, lets try something new, lets try something bold, lets get the people stirred up following this to have them drooling over it. Does not and did not work on the reptile. I barely followed it and even then it fell flat on its face. If anything, other than looking half finished, it's a prime example of how not to do a release.

you know, its not the car, the truck or the trailer that kill you.

its the million other things you gotta buy/bring/pack and organize. basically your whole garage worth of tools, extra fluids for the car, spares, extra wheels and tires, couple of large gas tanks, all your diver gear, air compressor, tire pressure and temp gauges, jack, jack stands and thats just for the car.

then you need water, cooler, chairs, canopy, mat for working on the car, sunscreen, bug spray, and everything else for you and anyone else who is at the track with you.

the logistics are substantially tougher.

i need a wife
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I think you'd do better with a manny.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Ugh, i think my transmition has slipped into "limp mode" as its not shifting. I really don't need this now. Almost saw the light to get above my bills. FML...

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    God, the Reptile was a fiasco. I still can't figure out what Bob and company were thinking on that one.
    Probably something along the lines of "we need to really boost sales while keeping our costs down because markers don't give the ROI that they used to". Not that they did it well, but that was probably where they started.

Insider
    I hear ya Simon.

Family left for camping at 1pm.

A buddy had come by earlier in the week and we talked Squonk Boxes, so I designed a really nice one, good ergonomics, since most of them are just a box with a replaceable plate. And they charge $150 for them as 3D printed boxes they just get from Shapeways.

I could have gone in the pool, could have vegged on TV, visited friends, but no. I designed and printed out a box for vaping in one afternoon and I don't vape, because it was new and cool to me and fun to design.

My office is littered by post it notes with valve designs, layouts I want to CAD up, and every meeting note taking session is half paintball or something and half actual notes. I CAD while GoT is on.

Designing is a weird addiction.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

on the plus side, the whole rig performed awesome.

i also ended up pulling a miata out of some bushes after it went through the fence. and then i took my other friends miata home after it blew a power steering line on track.

best 450 dollar truck of all time.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.