Page 230 of 418 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

welp what a week.

i broke everything road racing. i broke the trailer before even leaving, fixed that. then i broke the car on the second day (timing belt slip), and then i broke the truck on the way home (shifter cable). on the plus side i learned im a shitty road racer, but good at driving fast. i qualified 3rd without a draft behind the best two local drivers, both in NB 99s, which are considered faster than my 1.6. i raced like crap on saturday, ended up in a sand trap of my own doing. sunday didnt get to race, because in qualifying my car slipped a timing belt tooth. we tried to fix it in time, but with only an hour and half, we didnt.

at least autocross nationals went better. arrived a hot mess, a day late, and a helmet short. but managed a reasonably quick run on day 1 on a complex course. 45th out of 79, in an AP1 (which is slower than an AP2, which is slower than an ND), so between it being my first national event, and not having the car to have, that was pretty good. on day 2 i actually managed the exact same finishing order, and ended up 45th. all in all, a fun event. really glad i went, and actually pretty pleased with my mid-pack nationals, in an obsolete car finish.

i've never been good at anything inherently in my life, everything I'm good at i worked my ass to be good at. road racing is no different. when he sets a trap for you, don't take it!
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Wait, when did you get an s2k?

At least it's a non-interference engine. Good luck getting her back to health and getting back out there
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

its my codrivers. not mine.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Does anyone here have experience with BLE beacons and happy bubbles?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Wait, when did you get an s2k?

At least it's a non-interference engine. Good luck getting her back to health and getting back out there
    That's one of my favourite (only somewhat sarcastically) things about the EJ25x engines - they're non-interference.

It IS kind of sad though, that the 257 is still in the STI, and probably will be for a grand total of 16 years in North America.

edit - and making +/- 5HP leaving as going in. That's the truly sad part.

everything about subaru is sad at this point. esp there engines, which are pretty much totally junk.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    everything about subaru is sad at this point. esp there engines, which are pretty much totally junk.
    Idk, I'm somewhat interested in the BRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Idk, I'm somewhat interested in the BRZ.
    i actually have one on loan for the next 10ish days.

i mean i like them. the owner bought it on my recommendation. but the engine is pretty much junk, and not because stupid "should have put a turbo on it" stupidity, but because subaru things. a turbo would make it shittier in every way. its a subaru engine with toyotas direct injection system on it, so it still has the lovey head-gasket and piston ring issues, that a turbo will only make that much more fun. i think the ND is a significantly better car in all aspects besides the whole convertible/coupe choice. there is just something brilliant to taking your economy engine, and putting it in a bespoke sports car chassis that is "right" about miatas. its just a mazda 3 engine, nothing special, nothing different, designed to run to 300k miles without issue.

the chassis is brilliant, but man, a let down under the hood (like the RX8)
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 09-19-2017 at 04:39 PM.

See I'm stuck between wanting a cruiser wagon or something, and a fun sports car. I do lots of highway driving yet still want to enjoy my driving?

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    See I'm stuck between wanting a cruiser wagon or something, and a fun sports car. I do lots of highway driving yet still want to enjoy my driving?
    im not a big person, and im pretty hardcore in the comfort department, but there is no reason why a small sports car, makes a bad cruiser IMO. just don't fuck with it and put stiff/shitty suspension on it.

im also the guy who drove st paul to Lincoln Nebraska in 5 hours, in a bone stock NA maita, fueled only by dr pepper and several cassette tapes.