Page 235 of 418 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    to argue the nova was "one of the best shooting guns of it day" is pretty insane.

and the mayhem was junk too.

and the A80 was pretty much junk too.

interesting designs yes ... but good paintball guns for actual use on an actual paintball field? yeah no ...

mike is a classic case in: brilliance, that needs finishing off. some of his ideas were quite good, and some really interesting stuff, but overall you need a simon or jack to actually finish off the idea, and make it into an actual, workable, shooting, practical gun.
    FLASHBACK

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Oh wow, just watched a disassembly video. That's a lot of delrin.
    Hahaha... yeah. A ton (literally?). The sufaces on mine are worn enough that it doesn't feel horrible, but orings on a turned delrin surface usually feel gross to me.

Ooo a nice tidbit, from the manual:

"The [LPR] should be set for just below the max press for the solenoid valve (approximately 130 PSI)"
    "Attach an air source to the gun and adjust the HPR to approximately 180 PSI."
    "This is the most advanced ball delivery system created. Firing pressure 70-80 psi."

Gordon cites the 80psi number, but I'm pretty sure it's running around 180, and 80psi is just the breech pressure. I think most peak breech pressures are in the 60-90 psi range, didn't TK do some testing to that effect at some point?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I suspect a tool change on a 3D printer might be quite a bit more difficult, unless I'm missing something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzqHQqXtxMc

https://youtu.be/5lJos-2QxYc?t=41s

Edit: When you put the tool in the spindle you set the length. Missed the "set length" bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNjMIIRttFE
    Thanks for these videos! Fascinating.

What makes you say a 3d printer would be more difficult?

There's the filament (melted and unmelted) in there, there's a heater (which means wires), no pre-existing fixturing kit... just seems like a mess

FLASHBACK

the old school guns tour is a salute to exactly what i said, "interesting designs yes ... but good paintball guns for actual use on an actual paintball field?"

thats why i like them. because they are strange, and are like you locked someone in room, told them what paintball was, and they just popped out with that what they thought a gun should work like. until the 2k2 timmy and DM4 the "standard" format we see almost every gun adopt was not agreed or found yet. so there are all sorts of strange solutions to problems, that make old guns wild. and makes them trickier to be used.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Didn't intend it as a gotcha, just thought it was a funny video.

There's the filament (melted and unmelted) in there, there's a heater (which means wires), no pre-existing fixturing kit... just seems like a mess
    https://hackaday.com/2017/08/27/3d-p...-of-extruders/

Insider
    (shakes head) I realize this is an old debate - but the seal isn't really a definition of a valve. It is the whole assembly. The basic poppet valve is the seal, the valve stem, the valve body, the actuator, etc. The action is as defining as the components, and is a valve in whole.

Same with a spool valve, normally defined as the switching valve on a hydraulic system - a center moving part, and some o-rings on a center shaft or in the body, and the shaft moves through the body to shift fluid volumes.

The Automag, in the simplicity of our two valve definitions in paintball (since a ball valve or butterfly valve really wouldn't work well), would be a spool valve, clear and simple. Or else we need to construct or adopt a different word for some silly reason that defines the same thing.

In the Automag a center shaft moves across an o-ring that is held in a valve body. The moment the shaft moves past the o-ring the fluid transfers. Spool.

Face seals, like in a poppet valve, can be used in spool valves, and O-rings can be used in the seal of a poppet - but the embodiment of the whole unit defines the total of the valve. The Axe Center piston, while using a face seal, doesn't have ony other component of a poppet valve. There is no shaft, no valve body like a poppet. Functionally, it is more like a Mag - a shaft moves in a center body, and when it does the seal opens and the fluids transfer. There is no valve stem acted on by an actuator.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

I disagree.

Moving on.

The site to get global entry is impossibly slow.
    Last edited by ironyusa; 10-04-2017 at 01:46 PM.