Page 263 of 418 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

So, one of you automag people... I have one on the way and the barrel retaining detent needs to be pressed back in. Is there a guide or anything special about doing this? Also, can they be run on CO2? Obviously compressed air is better.

Edit - came in early. I just used a socket and a hammer to tap the barrel pin back into place. Seems to have worked fine.
    Last edited by ironyusa; 10-21-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    So, one of you automag people... I have one on the way and the barrel retaining detent needs to be pressed back in. Is there a guide or anything special about doing this? Also, can they be run on CO2? Obviously compressed air is better.
    I resent or resemble that remark

Well, IMHO, twistlock barrels and the associated bodies are antiquated and should be recycled. So, not have the barrel lock retention pin there is a good thing. But its rather easy to put back. It is not a "press fit" or anything. Just literally, knock it back in. If for whatever reason you like standard, or powerfeeds with elbows, a cocker to mag adapter is paramount. With paint being anywhere from .665 through .690, using an insert barrel where you can dial in the bore size, does not lend itself to twistlocks (unless you have a twistlock freak back), as most of those barrels where in the big ball era where you can literally get away with a .688 all day.

Mags with classic valves can be run on Co2 because it is "blah, blah, blah". If you are talking about Emag/ReTro/Xvalves then HPA only. You have been in paintball enough to know the benefits of HPA in a gun, just as likewise with proper precautions, you get anything else to run on co2. With that, as long as you make sure that no liquid gets into the valve (remote lines is the best, with or without an expansion chamber or even a Palmer Stab inbetween the valve and the tank), you'll be fine as kind.

The key with mags is, keep the pressure above 650psi. So no SLP tanks.

It's an ANS 2 or something valve. I don't know anything about mags. I literally just want to know enough to be able to shoot it in the back yard. It's missing the safety, so I'd never use it at the field.

Insider
    Twistlock barrels are a terrible idea but everyone wants to be able to strip their engine out 1 handed

what a world
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

The first strike t15 uses a twist lock barrel and I think it's pretty well integrated. The one on the mag doesn't strike me as a poor design either and the detent system is kind of interesting.

The ANS phase 2 reg back. It's a classic valve, it is fine to use co2 on it

The reasoning for the Twist locks, was TK did not believe that the aftermarket could keep the tolerances on the body, to allow for normal operations. So the idea of contain the breech in the barrel was made, which is not a bad idea. It is antiquated now by the small paint used now. The plastic detent is a marvelous bit of engineering. A huge improvement over the wire detents, as i had a wire detent commit suicide with the bolt as it collapsed and the bolt was hammering the wire into the breech.

The safety, it can be replaced. If you have an old sheridan or cocker frame, it should swap right over. But i wouldn't let that stop you, as the first safety is the one between your ears, just like firearms.

I will say, the trigger is the ultimate in snapoy. You will have to learn Proper Mag Trigger Hygiene. You can not ride the trigger. You can short stroke it, easily. It takes me a few pulls going from an electro or a Ressurection to a mag, but with me its morr muscle memory.

Welcome to your new addiction (Automags).

Quite a few in here can help with questions or theres always automags.org for questions, parts, new acquisitions, etc.

endeavor to persevere.......

I bought the thing for $70 and it's a stripped down right feed. Not exactly a collector's item. I just wanted something else to shoot in the back yard. I sure wish someone would figure out how to make one where the tank input could be 550psi and it still work. Then maybe I'd do a build.

Have you tried it with your mag ?

I have had people tell me they have once in a while run across a classic valve that could run off a lower that standard pressure.

All I have are Xvalves and they like 800-850 best.

I just keep multiple regs and tanks....
    endeavor to persevere.......

I haven't aired the gun up yet, but I will probably on Monday. I guess I'd never considered the fact that a mag could be short stroked. Gross.