Page 287 of 418 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

almost ready for ice racing season:
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    What does that feel like to drive? Ice racing seems pretty cool although should spikes seem like they would completely change the feel/line

Do they fill the tires with foam ?

Just wondering how they keep them inflated once they poke holes in them like that....
    endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Do they fill the tires with foam ?

Just wondering how they keep them inflated once they poke holes in them like that....
    they are filled with air. you put silicone around each bolt before you push it through, so they hold air.

i dont know how they drive yet, i've never driven on them before. word from the guys who use them say you can pull 1.1-1.2 lateral without issue. thats basically good summer tire on dry pavement numbers, so yes, that will change everything about ice driving, where you expect to see .2 or .3 maybe lateral. the car setup will change dramatically as well.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

wow, took me about 6 hours a tire all in. can't wait to get them mounted!

Insider
    Hope you've got enough clearance under full compression... Could get emotional..
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Hope you've got enough clearance under full compression... Could get emotional..
    its a 500 dollar car. self clearance will be rapid, and painless

Insider
    That almost looks like cheating. Running a rwd with summer tires in AK can be...fun. It basically is Gymkama without the need for horsepower.

Though a Miata ice racing: Going to keep the top up, or down for bragging rights?
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

they are actually built to a spec stud class standard, so everyone is on spec studs. there is a formula over the density/length etc of the studs.

top down typically, unless its really really cold, like -10. just more comfortable knowing you don't have to open the door to get out if you went through the ice. turn around and bail!

Insider
    Oh, I know about the tires, it was common enough in AK. I learned on ice and snow. It was 2" thick on the roads when I took my drivers test. It was my normal. Lots of big lakes to drive on growing up - that is where I learned to drive a stick when I was 13, Kenai Lake. Spun the truck out at 60mph crossing a pressure ridge and we slid for a quarter mile or so sideways. Ice was 10 ft thick though, spooky, but safe.

Smart choice on being able to bail.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com