Page 288 of 418 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

typically i dont have to worry about going through, the moron ice fisherman have there F-i've-never-pleased-a-woman-50 trucks out on the lakes that weight 2-3 times what my miata weighs. if they arnt going through, im not.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

You do know that most F-150 (and other trucks, too) buyers/owners are married, right? Hell, most of the jacked-up trucks we see move through, the buyers are at least dating someone.

Unless we'd like to start making assumptions on peoples' personalities and preferences by what they're driving. Me, I try to not go down that road.

You know, if you're reading through the thread too quickly, you might initially believe that Pump Scout and Gordon were saying that F-150 owners were trying to kill themselves falling through the ice to get away from their wives.

Most are married or dating, so they've probably pleased a woman. Got it.

Don't mind me, I'll show myself back out. *whistles*

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    You do know that most F-150 (and other trucks, too) buyers/owners are married, right? Hell, most of the jacked-up trucks we see move through, the buyers are at least dating someone.

Unless we'd like to start making assumptions on peoples' personalities and preferences by what they're driving. Me, I try to not go down that road.
    point of order: being married/dating does not mean you've pleased a woman.

i think a lot can be garnered from someone's choices. I've certainly made my choices on cars based on who i am.

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Not sure exactly how off-topic this is, but does anyone here have experience with DANCO anodizers? Just looking for a good industrial shop to do a Type III class 2 with inspection, must be ISO 9001 certified.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

im sure there will be more pics from this event, but these are just the cell phone pics from a friend:

my full review of drivign studs on ice .... its like driving a 700 hp miata on dry pavement. its fucking incredible. the car can pull 1g lateral without issue, but then will wheel spin like it has insane power, so its just a toy on ice. whatever slip angle you want, whatever understeer, oversteer or even braking you want, you got it. without actually door to door racing, i'd say a small roadster on studs on ice is the most fun i've ever had driving.

So, as I stupidly said in the other thread...

I bought a new car this weekend. Ford Fiesta ST in Orange Spice.

Insider
    Studs sound awesome @ Gordon

@ New Ion - Nice. I really like those. We have a fiesta ST at work (headlight venting test car) and it's a fun little car to drive - it punches really similar to the Mk1 SVT (170hp, will oversteer on lift) but with way better mileage and torque down low + creature comforts.

I kind of really like fast FWD. Thanks to the wonders of China, I am installing a lightweight flywheel/6 puck, new ball bearing turbo, and limited slip differential in the SVT (OK, full disclosure it had leaks so bad it wouldn't pass inspection and was frying the clutch under full boost). It's just so much friendlier to drive than the fast RWD cars I've had/have.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."