Page 299 of 418 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Working with a doctor to figure out if it's a bacterial or viral infection. He said the first round of tests we're doing are focusing on that, but that any chronic conditions aren't entirely out of the picture, just baby steps. I guess I'm just whinging because it's been over a week now of feeling kinda like this. Was much better at the end of last week and suddenly here I am again. Doc has me on the "BRAT" diet - Banana, White Rice, Apple Sauce, and White Toast. No Dairy, and brothy soups because they're easiest to digest... so when I feel better I eat other things because how BORING is that? Then again, my feeling awful might have been because I avoided the restrictions...

Now, all that said, I just might take you up on that. I know I have a pretty crappy diet as is (mostly due to laziness and schedule of doing things in the evenings) so my first step to get more green/colour was powdered greens in a fruit smoothie in the morning.

Insider
    Sounds GI-focused? It's very possible that you have an infection that's creating an overexpression of inflammatory cytokines (most likely TNF-alpha). If you tend towards the irritable bowel side of things anyway (e.g. stress is no bueno) then this is fairly likely. Crohn's is a disease that's the worst manifestation of this, but overexpressed inflammation also makes a huge difference in things like joint paint, energy levels, and body composition (even when comparing isocaloric diets).

At any rate you'll need to calm the infection down first, but PM or email me if you'd like more information. At some point I'm planning on doing a series of videos about this, but I can't even do that for my own paintball products so we'll see if I get there...
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i agree, the annoying thing to me about poly now, the prospect of it ... its that it will take a ton more work. again this is 180 degree reversal from my 20s where i would consider it a perk. now im like ... eh .... dating more than one person is tiresome.
    as an update on this, decided to date this woman about a month ago. and its fucking awesome. shes so great, i love it. best relationship i've had in my life so far. we are primary now, and neither of us has a secondary. I personally am not planning on anyone else, i have enough shit to do in the garage with racing, i don't have time to dick around with someone else. last we talked she wasn't planning anything else either. too busy with her phd. seriously by far the most open, honest, and clear relationship i've had so far, and we are only a month in.

i've learned a lot about why she has lived and likes to live the poly lifestyle. she is a butterfly, like me, and loves just meeting people and seeing what they are about. she has been in two pretty abusive relationships, and she is like me ... she hates commitment under duress. i've often said that commitment under duress isn't real commitment, that commitment can only come from freedom, not from resistance. i think thats part of why this relationship with her is so excellent, because its come on both sides from freedom. so often now-a-days the dating pattern is go out 5 or 6 times, and then by then this person is asking for a monogamous and serious relationship. and you want to keep seeing this person, but your not sure if your actually interested in a real relationship with them or not, but its date now, or end it ... and so you choose to date. and then 3 months in you wonder to yourself, if you made the right decision or not. and that thought process will destroy the relationship. and don't get me started on marriages that start because of ultimatums .... thats the textbook version of unhealthy commitment.

anyway, we both could be with other people, but choose without threat, stress or danger to be together. that means something more to me. there is a flip-side to this of course. if one of us doesn't feel the other is choosing us, that could be the end for sure. i mean thats true of any relationship though i suppose. i guess we shall see if that happens or not.

in the meantime, life is pretty fucking grand. shes awesome, and im totally into it. maybe it will suck, maybe not. if it does, i always have a miata to race (building an ice racing one now too), and that is more fun than anything else anyway.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-05-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Awesome to hear, Gordon.

Not sure if I mentioned or not, but my gf and I adopted a dog. She's 2, she's really timid, and from Mexico. But she's a total sweetheart. Lives with my gf.

And of course I'm selling my old car now, and of course that's not even remotely as smooth of an operation as I thought it would be.

Insider
    I wanted that new Buick TourX wagon bad.

But GM apparently hates itself and didn't want to lease me one for under $500 a month. Note: my Cadillac guy can get me into an Escalade for about 10% more than that...
    I ended up with another ATS, identically optioned, but White paint. Oh, and the payment dropped $60 a month, and my insurance also dropped $30...

How the hell does a Cadillac with a sticker price 10k higher than the Buick cost 1/2 as much to lease? I dunno, but I'm going to enjoy another two years of tail happy sedan which I have to pay zero to maintain.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

my car plans got royally fucked with the new documents showing the ND miata getting a 181hp engine.

half the reason to buy a new miata is that its classing in C street is both stable, and competitive. the SCCA is rebuilding CS around the ND. and B street is currently getting a ton of new cars too, like E9X M3s, C5s, 1LE etc etc. so mazda tossing the ND 20% more power, will either render every current CS ND as totally obsolete, or the new ND will get dumped into B street, and likly not be competitive, unless there is some serious magic in the car.

so, depending on how SCCA deals with the high powered ND, will determine which ND is worth buying. i'd like the 181hp car, for ruining folks at the track, but it will also be way more expensive, and likely uncompetative as an autcross car (thus removing the entire point of buying it) ... or, they leave the ND is CS, and everyone scrambles for a new model (which is both unlikely, and totally fucks me).

whatever, road racing season is getting rolling, and im totally ready to crash some cars.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I wanted that new Buick TourX wagon bad.

But GM apparently hates itself and didn't want to lease me one for under $500 a month. Note: my Cadillac guy can get me into an Escalade for about 10% more than that...
    I ended up with another ATS, identically optioned, but White paint. Oh, and the payment dropped $60 a month, and my insurance also dropped $30...

How the hell does a Cadillac with a sticker price 10k higher than the Buick cost 1/2 as much to lease? I dunno, but I'm going to enjoy another two years of tail happy sedan which I have to pay zero to maintain.
    Residuals. They're betting they can sell the Cadillac for relatively more than they could the TourX after you're done with it.

I wanted a TourX... but GM, in all our infinite wisdom, apparently decided not to bring it to Canada.

paid off my student loans today. thats pretty cool. super close to having only a super affordable fixed rate mortgage for debt.

#millennialgoals
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-07-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    paid off my student loans today. thats pretty cool. super close to having only a super affordable fixed rate mortgage for debt.

#millennialgoals
    Congrats!
    We sent the last check in for my wife's student loans in Dec. Pretty sweet.

I managed to do it without loans (Scholarship + working my ass off and commuting to a local university), its crazy how deep some people get with them.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Insider
    That's an opinion shared with a lot of people. I wish I knew how to short the student loan bubble. There's increasingly the spectre that for-profit university is going to be obsolete just as soon as the credentialing problems are solved. In programming, it's already there.

Anecdotally, my first successful job interview (petroleum process design) included a fairly grueling technical portion of the interview that served as a gate (they gave me the itinerary for the day only after I passed) but that's 1 out of 5 in person interviews I've been to, and I work in a technical field (Chemical Engineering).

Congrats to all paying off that albatross. My wife and I are hoping Trump doesn't deep six the public service loan forgiveness program, since my wife is a physician at a hospital structured as a non-profit. That's a number I don't like to look at.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."