Page 3 of 418 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Simon was your shop buried in snow?

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    Belt fed 40mm grenades
    I've fired off a few belts of those. Very boom, such fun. When the Mk19 was finally OK'd for our Scout Platoon, I was one of the ten guys in our unit to go to "beautiful" Camp Shelby, Mississippi for the training course. Still have the manuals somewhere, even though I've been out nearly 20 years. Laying waste to a target 2200 meters distant was seriously cool.

So many irons in the fire right now, but having a really hard time getting most of them moving. No time, no money. I think I might have to just suck it up, annoy my wife, and spend some of both of those to get things launched. Phase 1 is kind of the kick-starter to everything else.

We are deep in the midst of contruction for the taproom for our brewery, in fact, we just got our drywall delivered.
    H+
    Hustle Paintball Video Goon

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    But kind of out of budget for a Canadian Formula Hybrid team.

PS - http://www.amzracing.ch/en/cars

Check out dat Torque, weight, and accel. JFC.

My university's hybrid team has a SINGLE 33kW motor.
    Way cool. Hit up SMC for sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    Put in my 2 weeks notice at my current job. Going to be moving south 6 hours to the tip of Iowa (Missery/Ill-annoy-us) border. Further from paintball than I am now, but should be an interesting job. Will be working for a company that manufactures ordinance (things that go boom) for the U.S. Army. Belt fed 40mm grenades, mortar rounds, tank rounds, pouring C4, etc. complete 180* from what I'm doing now (production/manufacturing [new job] vs design [old job]). Positive is that I should have Fridays off and salary went up a bit, so maybe more paintball things after the wedding is paid for.
    Congrats on the new job and good luck! Manufacturing is awesome but never easy.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
    That new jobs sounds pretty awesome!

I'm moving too! Coast to Coast, out to LA in January. Decided to finally do something with my media comm degree, little sick of the family business.
    I like to visit LA but the traffic there drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I know a handy man and a cheap worker who actually likes doing spackle. I would have to check with Ian on his schedule but i am working through Friday, Saturday i may have my nephews over for a overnight stay so Sunday through Wednesday is good for me. Your call, PM when you would want me to show up. Have knives, will travel.
    I wonder how much work we would get done, and if I would get dragged into doing it to. I hate spackle

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    Simon was your shop buried in snow?
    Nope, not at all. It did get cold though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    I've fired off a few belts of those. Very boom, such fun. When the Mk19 was finally OK'd for our Scout Platoon, I was one of the ten guys in our unit to go to "beautiful" Camp Shelby, Mississippi for the training course. Still have the manuals somewhere, even though I've been out nearly 20 years. Laying waste to a target 2200 meters distant was seriously cool.

So many irons in the fire right now, but having a really hard time getting most of them moving. No time, no money. I think I might have to just suck it up, annoy my wife, and spend some of both of those to get things launched. Phase 1 is kind of the kick-starter to everything else.
    The first step is always the hardest. Just got to take that first one

Quote Originally Posted by morolen View Post
    We are deep in the midst of contruction for the taproom for our brewery, in fact, we just got our drywall delivered.
    mmm beer!

Insider
    I'm fast-track designing a new custom residence in my hometown. Its pretty sweet to be working on projects in the neighborhoods I used to race my bicycle through with friends as a kid.

At home I'm finally working on my office/paintball laboratory... Master bedroom and bath are done (till I scratch up enough $$$ for a custom shower door...), livingroom and dining room are all done, kitchen is 95% wrapped up. Debating how crazy I'm going to go with exterior christmas lights. Bought the house in August, and its been a ridiculous amount of work. We hosted Thanksgiving last week, 23 people plus babies!

I guess it's my turn:

Survived another round of layoffs at work - they shitcanned ~2000 people company wide. New CEO, new regime.

We're swapping email service providers from one large company to another, with the current contract ending on 12/31, so it's been non-stop work getting our assets together, pushed to the new vendor, stopping to answer questions every 10 minutes and meetings galore. I also see how much the peers on my team have screwed up our email program since we brought them on board - links going to wrong pages, wrong images, bogus text. When I was doing it solo, shit got done correctly - these people can't do anything without either screwing it up or asking me questions and STILL screwing it up.

Wife's play is finally showing this weekend and the next 3 - god willing she doesn't get the next play she auditioned for, it'll be nice to have her home once and a while.

Lining up winter projects around the house - we put off quite a bit until after our 10 month walkthrough (the joys of building new). So we're looking to paint (quite a bit of it too), do a backsplash in the kitchen and then plan out the garage modifications (finish drywall/insulation, run power lines).

Insider
    Talk about a roller-coaster of emotions. All I want is a set of HES's to mount to a 1/2" throw ram. COME ON.
    Hmm... well, we did it board mounted, etc.

They are stupid cheap for ones activated by a magnet.

Shoot me an email josh@j4pb.com

TI has a new Hall effect sensor (not switch) available.

http://www.ti.com/product/drv5053
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Simon, you got it all wrong. You do the run/area of spackle, bust it through, non-stop, THEN we sit down to let it dry & that's when the bullshitting happens. You then after the dry time, do the sanding and the second coat as needed. As long as there was something more than what was there before, then its "Progress".

As long as you supply the mud & tape, i got the tools. Now i just have to find the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Way cool. Hit up SMC for sponsorship
    That's not a terrible Idea, though since they don't make the valve that I want, I'd have to go clippard and I don't think they'd like that.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Hmm... well, we did it board mounted, etc.

They are stupid cheap for ones activated by a magnet.

Shoot me an email josh@j4pb.com
    Might do that.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    TI has a new Hall effect sensor (not switch) available.

http://www.ti.com/product/drv5053
    Clippard and SMC both make ram mounted HESs for use with their stainless bore, magnetic head rams. With the limit of information I was able to find (and understand, still learning) I was kind of hoping for them to help me find the correct one for our application.

I'll just have to do more research!