Page 311 of 418 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

well i think my porsche ownership has come to an end.

miata life is just better in every way.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    My brother is talking about giving me his 944 turbo as he?s stepping up to a 911 later this year. I?m pretty geeked about it.

its a cool car, and i have such mixed emotions about selling it. i just am not the person who owns a 944 turbo anymore. its not a car i'd buy now, its not a car id look for or find now. it is a cool car, and reasonably fast, and i have had so much fun with it.

i liken it to your first girlfriend, in junior high. the women you look for now, are so different, and you understand so much more, and you in no way want to date or be with her anymore ... but that emotion, that first feeling, that first attraction, is a magic that can never quite be replicated right? it was wrong, you were wrong, you were an idiot, you don't want that kind of girl anymore ... but that emotion. that feeling of the first one. never quite gone. you can't bottle that emotion and take it off the shelf much in life, but you can when its a car.

and i drive it today. the first ten minutes are that feeling of first love. but every minute after that it ... its this thing is big, heavy, turbocharged, expensive, a liability to park or drive anywhere, and not really useful at the track or auto-crossing. fixing cars in the middle of monatana is something i did in my 20s, but now im really just getting too old for road trips like that, so its unreliability is a constant fear. at any time it could cost me 12+ hours of my life, and 2 grand.

I'm just not interested in fast street cars anymore. they just serve no real point to me. my white miata is perfect in every way for street driving. street driving is yours courage and balls to break the law that slow you down, not the car. meanwhile road racing is my new passion, and id rather spend my hours in the garage and money on that, than anything else.

at one point in my life my goal was a 997.2 C2S by the time i was 30. and when i was 29, i was in a position to actually do it. but i said ... wait .... what is the point of that? i could go actual racing for the same money. not time trials, not time attack, not drive a super car, i could actually become a real racing driver for that kind of money. and thats when Kuhnley Spec Miata was born. thats when i decided, racing was more important than owning.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    I figure it'll be fun for weekends kicking around town in the summer.

Honestly as much as MOAR POWAH sounds fun, I'm finding my ATS to be pretty capable and satisfying. If I get another in 2 years I'll be ordering the manual RWD version though...
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

I'd love to have a session with an ATS-V 6 speed. From the sounds of it that's a great car.

And I'm now at that point where my FoRS doesn't really ever feel fast to me. It handles so incredibly well, with such sharp turn-in, and with so much feedback, that nothing is ever surprising. It just feels normal. It needs about 100 more horsepower to wake me back up.
    OlllllllO

Going on the wall at work

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

well i sold it.

now to wait for the 2019 ND or a nice z06, maybe a grand sport
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 04-11-2018 at 01:30 AM.

The 2019 ND sounds delicious.....180 HP and 2300 lb, yes please.
    OlllllllO

I really want to go up to an ATS-V when I get rid of my FoST (god I hate that thing). Trying to justify that I don't REALLY need all the cargo capacity the hatchback gives me.

ST's are pretty fun, what don't you like about it?
    OlllllllO