Page 313 of 418 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    Even on a full size SUV I can't get our car seat behind me and sit comfortably (6'4")
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

I've been in the back of an ATS Sedan (coupe too, but not while underway) and found it fine. Would I want to drive across country in it? No. Would I want to drive cross country in the back seat of a Sierra HD again? No. Am I tall? No. Is the average kid tall? No.

I don't get it either.

And of course, because I just took the training and am required to say this, I work for GM and all opinions in this post are my own.

Insider
    My GTI, even as a 2 door, was not horrible with the baby. Of course he was in the removable carrier at the time.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

yup, i dont have kids, don't care to, not going to etc etc ... but literally millions of parents in this country do not have 3 row SUVs and have a couple of kids and everything works out.

so really, if you want an ATS-V just buy one and deal. im sick of the worship of practicality to an impractical level.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Having only 1 kid at a time in a rear-facing car seat helped (but man, it was close between the first two). If we'd had two kids in buckets that were rear facing, there just wouldn't have been enough room to fit a driver and the baby in car seat (the rf-bucket always went in the middle or passenger side). Once the kids turn around to forward facing seats, it's really not an issue past "is there a back seat at all?".

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    In truth Net Neutrality was put in place in April 2015, so all of the setting us back it could have done is turn back 'informational freedom' 3 years. :P
    Not to jump into the arguments of the regulations of another country (although it does affect me as it caused my Netflix bill to rise already and I use other US based online services) but US net neutrality had been in place for decades, it did not just start out of the blue in 2015. Dial-up access was governed by laws meant for voice communications but affected everything on telephone lines and it enforced net neutrality. Also the FCC had some policies in place that were policies, not laws, executive orders, etc. Court challenges to these things removed them but it took a long time so net neutrality in the US was being enforced until the court cases ended. The 2015 date was a different way of creating it and a more legal binding one but net neutrality for the US was there for decades just with some breaks for a while.

I realize this does not really matter to the tremendous benefits of the policy, but it is historically true that net neutrality existed in the US long before 2015 and I ended up typing that out.

Super nerd powers activate! Combining paintball and Internet discussion.
    So anyone here old enough to have been on Team Internet? Josh, you must have been. I think my number was 294.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Driving stick is good for the soul. Driving stick in a daily driver blows.
    Take it back. I wouldn't have it any other way. Autos turn me into a zombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    I've heard the Torque Steer on them is awful, and the ride is too rough.
    Torque steer isn't as bad as it's made out to be, and the ride quality isn't that bad. It's a sporty car, it won't feel like a Lexus. You'll want to steer clear of potholes, though.

I have an RS so torque steer isn't really an issue and the ride is wonderfully taught.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    ST's are pretty fun, what don't you like about it?
    My particular one is just a massive lemon. It drove great for about a year then problems just piled up. There's a TSB for the gas tank because it collapses and wrecks the fuel tank/pump. I've had that done twice, because somehow the "fixed" version still failed. It's also not considered a recall or anything, so I had to pay out of pocket both times. The fuel door opens at the slightest touch so my fat neighbor opens it every day when he gets into his car. That sets off the check engine light, so I'm resetting that every day or two. I think there's something wrong with the engine at this point too because it feels so slow and down on power compared to my roommate's Speed3 it's ridiculous. I'm praying it's not a third gas tank.

But man can it hold a lot of stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Driving stick is good for the soul. Driving stick in a daily driver blows.
    I've only ever owned manuals so it doesn't bother me too much. Torque steer isn't terrible either.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    yup, i dont have kids, don't care to, not going to etc etc ... but literally millions of parents in this country do not have 3 row SUVs and have a couple of kids and everything works out.

so really, if you want an ATS-V just buy one and deal. im sick of the worship of practicality to an impractical level.
    Going to the extreme as usual.

A lot of people with kids just do it. But like everytbing in life, it is decisions of compromise. Wife can't drive stick or doesn't want to. Forget that option. You're taller than most, not every car is going to feel correct. Hell, i would never buy a Honda, regardless of if they are the car of cars. I have friends that would never own a minivan, regardless of how many kids they had. People already do this. Also, not everyone has credit, good credit, or even nuclear families where one or both parents have jobs.

And you know what, a lot of people get older and things like heated seats, automatics, softer suspensions, quieter engines, or even changing your own oil; because people get older, people learn what they liked when they were young, doesn't matter 20 years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Going to the extreme as usual.

A lot of people with kids just do it. But like everytbing in life, it is decisions of compromise. Wife can't drive stick or doesn't want to. Forget that option. You're taller than most, not every car is going to feel correct. Hell, i would never buy a Honda, regardless of if they are the car of cars. I have friends that would never own a minivan, regardless of how many kids they had. People already do this. Also, not everyone has credit, good credit, or even nuclear families where one or both parents have jobs.

And you know what, a lot of people get older and things like heated seats, automatics, softer suspensions, quieter engines, or even changing your own oil; because people get older, people learn what they liked when they were young, doesn't matter 20 years down the road.
    this post isnt a response to mine
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.