Page 315 of 418 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

RS is dead, and the fiesta is dying.

only ST left is the focus ....
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    So Ford's going to offer ST versions of regular cars they don't?
    We're already getting an Edge ST for sure in 2019. I wouldn't be shocked if we're given a Fusion ST instead of the current Sport trim, along with other possibilities. I could see, eventually, things like a Ranger ST with a 2.7 EcoBoost and RWD. There's a lot of possibilities.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the Focus RS comes back on the new platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    We're already getting an Edge ST for sure in 2019. I wouldn't be shocked if we're given a Fusion ST instead of the current Sport trim, along with other possibilities. I could see, eventually, things like a Ranger ST with a 2.7 EcoBoost and RWD. There's a lot of possibilities.

my excitement level for an edge ST:

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Yeah, so dumb....

Leftover FoST and FiST's are great deals right now. Those are the cars to get, not some dumb ST crossover.
    OlllllllO

So is Ford going to abandon the Fusion Energi then? That would seem to be in stark contrast to what GM, Nissan, Honda, and Toyota are doing with green cars.

The performance lines won't be hit - in fact, I'm expecting them to expand the ST line. There's also going to be the "Ford Active" line, which I'm running the assumption will take the place of the current sedan models. My read so far is that they really did a poop job on the news release that the Fiesta and Taurus now, and later the current Focus and Fusion, are being eliminated. The Focus is a world model that's not going away. When the Fusion goes, I'm expecting there to be some sort of replacement.

The "kill the sedan" bit also doesn't affect (currently) the Lincoln line of sedans. Which is only two models anyway, the due-to-be-renamed MKZ and the Continental.

I know you're a dealer but are you sure about all this? Ford's news release says the only cars ("car" being non-trucks/SUVs) they're keeping are the Mustang and the Focus Active crossover (https://media.ford.com/content/dam/f...financials.pdf). It doesn't sound like they're keeping the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, and Focus RS around. edit: Ford's taking these cars out of North America, not globally.

Also, fuck the Edge ST. That's like Mitsubishi naming their crossover "Eclipse." You can call it whatever you want but it's still an SUV with a high CG, high weight, and poor handling.

Insider
    IIRC Focus RS production is winding down, if not already done.

To paraphrase Bob Lutz at the SAE keynote this year (my dad was in attendance): The future of automobiles is self driving, and it is boring.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    IIRC Focus RS production is winding down, if not already done.

To paraphrase Bob Lutz at the SAE keynote this year (my dad was in attendance): The future of automobiles is self driving, and it is boring.
    i think true self driving is going to take a lot longer than folks think it will. i also think it will require at least some infrastructure upgrades (which if you live in the USA will take 25+ years because 'merica hates government, even when its re-paving there own street). driving is already boring for 99% of the public.

I do think that socialization of the cost of ownership will come faster than self driving cars. personal car ownership for most people will be over in the next 10 years. but i think your going to have to continue to drive "your car" under some conditions for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 04-30-2018 at 04:20 PM.

You'll never catch me allowing my car to drive me. I'll have a hard enough time being convinced to go with an automatic trans, let along take it further.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    You'll never catch me allowing my car to drive me. I'll have a hard enough time being convinced to go with an automatic trans, let along take it further.
    i on the other hand cannot wait until i don't have to do any driving at all anymore. it will be way safer, and way more convenient ... when it does happen.

can't wait until i can load the race car on a truck at the end of the day, pop a beer, and ride home.