Page 330 of 418 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    this is gold
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Gordon I feel like doing mcmansion hell for shitty street car builds is your destiny
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Gordon I feel like doing mcmansion hell for shitty street car builds is your destiny
    i'd have to put my own race car on there, out of guilt, as its held together primarily with zip ties and race tape (which is just a fancy name for duct tape).

i have zero grounds to comment on the quality of someone elses work. the quality of the parts, thats another story
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-25-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

3 is a magic number.

Insider
    Nice work! Hard race?
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Insider

I'm sure most of you will have seen this by now, but it's worth posting. Also worth watching a "fast" road car (GT-R, 991 GT3 RS etc) lap and comparing it. The section after Carousel (the 919 goes round the outside of the Carousel on his lap 3:15 in the vid) up the hill and down the other side is mesmeric. I've driven, walked, and watched races at the 'Ring and find the 919 Evo lap mind-blowing.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Nice work! Hard race?
    i actually ended up thrid in BOTH races this weekend. the first wasn't that hard, i qualified fourth, and i was running alone, in fourth, no thread to the lead pack, and one of them spun. so i assumed third.

the sunday race, was a bit of a mess. qualifying was in the wet, and i qualified thrid, well into the leading pack. turns out when power doesn't matter as much (like in the pouring rain), i can wheel with the best of them. i started well, but then had a bobble, and was back in fourth. i was drafting with the thrid place driver, sam, and eventually the red mist got to me and i pulled a super not great move, and tried to outbrake her. she spun, and i went flying off the course, but i got back on in front of her, for thrid. then i had a furious battle with the 4th place driver where we each spent some time in thrid.

i gotta edit the video, but man that race was wild. also driving in the wet, as always, is so much fun. i want to race in the wet!

i also did a 1:49.1, the 49s are considered a bit of benchmark for "you are fast in a miata" at my track.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-03-2018 at 09:57 AM.

That 919 lap was amazing to watch. Seems like they basically just went to town on it and ignored all the WEC rules.

Trust you all saw this too, VW destroying Loebs Pikes Peak time:

Personally can't stand the siren. Sure be noisy and have artificial sounds or whatever, but why does the sound have to give everyone a migraine? Why not a cool loud warp engine sound? Or even a fake Brrap? It's not like the sound on most consumer ICE cars is real anyway...
    Last edited by vijil; 07-03-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

919 Evo makes me question the laws of physics.
    OlllllllO