Page 331 of 418 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    That 919 lap was amazing to watch. Seems like they basically just went to town on it and ignored all the WEC rules.

Trust you all saw this too, VW destroying Loebs Pikes Peak time:

Personally can't stand the siren. Sure be noisy and have artificial sounds or whatever, but why does the sound have to give everyone a migraine? Why not a cool loud warp engine sound? Or even a fake Brrap? It's not like the sound on most consumer ICE cars is real anyway...
    Yes the 919 was just that. De-restricted LMP1 car. 1200bhp and 50% more aero than they can run in WEC.

Apparently the 919 was set to go to Pikes Peak and take the record there as well. But Daddy stepped in and took the ball away. More than likely due to VW's need to rapidly rebuild its US image after the issues it's had over there for the last couple of years...
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Well, I ended up trading myself into an RS3, and having a ton of fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroForADay View Post
    Well, I ended up trading myself into an RS3, and having a ton of fun with it.
    Like.....an Audi RS3 with that sexy 5 cylinder? That's a wonderful car. Tell us more.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Like.....an Audi RS3 with that sexy 5 cylinder? That's a wonderful car. Tell us more.
    Haha yeah. Went with the sedan because well, there are no sport backs here, otherwise that's what I would have ordered.

Went with what they call panther black. It certain directions you get hues of deep red or a purple. Interior is red leather.

The engine itself is wonderful. Extremely happy to pull, but put her in comfort mode and it's quite easy to live with as well. Plus, whatever Audi did with their magnetic adjustable suspension is superb.

The MMI display is amazing as well. The whole car is far better built than I'm used to coming from Subaru.

400hp right now feels quite balanced for the vehicle. Actually debating if I need to add any more as it's quite simple to tune their engine up to 440 with minor changes.

If it had a manual trans option, I'd probably have one. If we got the hatchback and a manual, I'd most definitely have one.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    Very nice! And a very quick car! And I think the saloon shape looks really good in RS3 guise as well. Spent a bit of time with one a few months ago. Now if only they made one with the front axles disconnected....
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

spec miata race video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7zBGT3lQKw

Open tire race video (featuring an SN95 blowing up right in front of me): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlTwLVJAGeo
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Very nice! And a very quick car! And I think the saloon shape looks really good in RS3 guise as well. Spent a bit of time with one a few months ago. Now if only they made one with the front axles disconnected....
    A RWD RS3 would be a grand old time.

Any time I'm hitting twisties hard in my RS, I put it in "drift mode" for the extra rear bias. It rotates so wonderfully and is just a precision instrument in that setting.
    OlllllllO

I didn't realize just how dependent on multiple monitors I was until my PC died. Even just using my surface by itself for a day until I could get an adapter to hook up one of my other screens was painful.

On the plus side it finally got me to start building a new PC like I've been meaning to do for a while now.
    I don't know, fly casual

Insider
    If you're done with competitive gaming the right 4k tv is a superior monitor setup