Page 333 of 418 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

So my gf and I bought a house. It's exciting and nerve-wracking all in one.

It's a semi-detached, needs a bit of work, but apparently that's just the GTA. Everything needs a bit of work. For this place it's a window, the roof needs a bit of help (small amount), the sliding door needs a bit of love, and then the fact that there's PINK CARPET THROUGHOUT.

But hey, we got it for under asking which is cool. And it's my own place. And this means we can put our own spin on it

Does anyone use a password manager like LastPass?

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    So my gf and I bought a house. It's exciting and nerve-wracking all in one.

It's a semi-detached, needs a bit of work, but apparently that's just the GTA. Everything needs a bit of work. For this place it's a window, the roof needs a bit of help (small amount), the sliding door needs a bit of love, and then the fact that there's PINK CARPET THROUGHOUT.

But hey, we got it for under asking which is cool. And it's my own place. And this means we can put our own spin on it
    Congratulations to home ownership!

If you like pink carpet(or is it salmon?) Then it could have been a seeling point. A house can be literally brand new and a new owner will still have to fix something to their own liking. So that is pretty much normal.

So as long as you and your gf are happy with it. That is all that matters.

I use keepass just at work where I have over fifty passwords, but I don't use it for personal stuff.

Works well. It's quite manual though. Mostly I avoid using chrome to save passwords.

Insider
    strongly recommend everyone check PWs on haveIbeenpwned or use an extension like Passprotect that rolls that functionality in.

Spoiler: I was super pwned.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Mm.

So in other news, will anyone else be watching the OWL finals soon? It's almost impossible to watch, but still better than watching paintball so I can live with that.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Congratulations to home ownership!

If you like pink carpet(or is it salmon?) Then it could have been a seeling point. A house can be literally brand new and a new owner will still have to fix something to their own liking. So that is pretty much normal.

So as long as you and your gf are happy with it. That is all that matters.
    Haha we're going to replace the carpet for sure, especially with a dog. But we're quite happy. Just hope that we can move the closing date sooner - it's currently 2 days before my parents come out for a visit. It'd be kind of rude to have them help me move...

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    strongly recommend everyone check PWs on haveIbeenpwned or use an extension like Passprotect that rolls that functionality in.

Spoiler: I was super pwned.
    Thanks for that, looks like some of my email addys have been. Definitely fixing my passwords and getting into Lastpass.

Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    Mm.

So in other news, will anyone else be watching the OWL finals soon? It's almost impossible to watch, but still better than watching paintball so I can live with that.
    I didn't realize you could watch 5th year Hogwarts students write exams live? Not sure that'd be a fun thing to do...

In all seriousness, no. The most I've seen of any Overwatch is some POTG gifs on reddit. I don't really play any of those games - my gaming life lately is BOTW and Crash NSane Trilogy. And that's pretty slim as is.

guy crashes brand new car while expressing he wants to learn to drive better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heXS_fNViz4&
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

any burners in here? just went to my first one last weekend. would recommend.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

...I assume you're not referring to Burning Man...
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon