Page 335 of 399 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3988

Thread: The OT thread V1

  1. #3341
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    What happens if you feel your needs aren't being met?
    good question. dunno.

    it works as a weekend get-a-way, but because we don't live in a post-scarcity society, it doesn't like actually work.


    whats fascinating is that its as close to a libertarian paradise as i've ever encountered, and yet literally no one there would describe themselves as a libertarian, and anyone i know who self-describes as a libertarian would never attend.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-24-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  2. #3342
    So, you want to find a way to shed the socety off you, get to where you want, take only what you want out of it and have some destruction(albeit in a closed and responsible way, i.e. cleaning up after yourself), to better center yourself.

    I never knew any of this needs a festival. Maybe i am i a good place where i will go to my field and put all my angst, anger and frustration intothe paint i shoot to impact upon another person. I certainly do not need a now contrived sense of naming it, or even acknowledgment of what it needs to be. The world sucks, life sucks. People who shoudl listen don't and those that do take the wrong thing out of it.

    Hey, if it works for you, then so be it. I will go to the field, go to a concert, go to whatever and get what i need from it, without labels, without agenda. Maybe that is me, but i see this as a just another thing, a thing that every generation, every decade does. It just has a different name. #everythingoldisnewagain

  3. #3343
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    So, you want to find a way to shed the socety off you, get to where you want, take only what you want out of it and have some destruction(albeit in a closed and responsible way, i.e. cleaning up after yourself), to better center yourself.

    I never knew any of this needs a festival. Maybe i am i a good place where i will go to my field and put all my angst, anger and frustration intothe paint i shoot to impact upon another person. I certainly do not need a now contrived sense of naming it, or even acknowledgment of what it needs to be. The world sucks, life sucks. People who shoudl listen don't and those that do take the wrong thing out of it.

    Hey, if it works for you, then so be it. I will go to the field, go to a concert, go to whatever and get what i need from it, without labels, without agenda. Maybe that is me, but i see this as a just another thing, a thing that every generation, every decade does. It just has a different name. #everythingoldisnewagain
    swing and a miss.

    been to many large concerts, in no way similar.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-24-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  4. #3344
    Who said anything about a large concert? It is not the venue but what you get out of it. I am talking about going to see someone that you want to see. Whether it is at a stadium or a small club, it is more important on what you get out of it. I have seen a band play a small dive bar in Brooklyn. It was awesome cause it was so close(and ear blistering loud) but it was what music is about, not that even knew one damned song.

    It is not how big an event is, but what you gain from it. It could be driving a simple road course that means nothing to prizes but it represents the purity of driving and it is fun & challenging every time you drive it. The same can be done with anything that is a hobby, past time or love.

    Maybe i don't see it, maybe i just don't get it. But if you are so lost that this burning gives you something, again so be it.

  5. #3345
    Insider PBSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,938
    I don't think it's about blowing off angst anger and frustration, it's (supposed to be) about connecting with people.

    But I'm glad you have outlets.
    Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. -Philip K. Dick

    I work for the company building the Paragon

  6. #3346
    Insider
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    704
    Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    good question. dunno.

    it works as a weekend get-a-way, but because we don't live in a post-scarcity society, it doesn't like actually work.


    whats fascinating is that its as close to a libertarian paradise as i've ever encountered, and yet literally no one there would describe themselves as a libertarian, and anyone i know who self-describes as a libertarian would never attend.
    Probably actually full of conservative types that preach conservatism on the outside, yet actually crave the freedoms of choice that only a true libertarian environment can offer them. Just the usual hypocrisy of people. True libertarians live like that every day, so why bother paying to go to a festival to do something they do at home.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

  7. #3347
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Probably actually full of conservative types that preach conservatism on the outside, yet actually crave the freedoms of choice that only a true libertarian environment can offer them. Just the usual hypocrisy of people. True libertarians live like that every day, so why bother paying to go to a festival to do something they do at home.
    full of actual just liberals.

    every time libertarians try to make a galt's gulch, is always blows up in hilariously predictable manners: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Galt%27s_Gulch_Chile
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  8. #3348
    Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I don't think it's about blowing off angst anger and frustration, it's (supposed to be) about connecting with people.

    But I'm glad you have outlets.
    For me its all those things. Sometimes when life gets me frustrated, i will focus in on someone. But i will always want to get together with friends and play just because i love it so. It is the visceral feeling on imparting an object that you pull the trigger on. Not any hate towards any one person.

  9. #3349
    yeah going to burn is nothing like playing paintball.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  10. #3350
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,581
    Perhaps a bizarre question, but was hallucinogen usage high at the burn?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •