Page 355 of 418 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

man, i work hard sometimes to defend NASCAR, because there is actually some really great drivers, engineers, and racing that happens there. arguably the most professional and serious racers in North America are Nascar teams. however, watching them on that roval, was a fucking joke. cars are total garbage for road course work, and the drivers are amateurish in there racing moves. jesus what a shit show. the sports car guys can keep the cars out of the barriers, keep them on the track, and run probably similar speed laps (because sports cars are so much better on the brakes and cornering) for 24 hours straight, and then have a sprint to the finish, and still keep the cars clean. c'mon guys, this is fucking amateur hour with a two drink minimum racing ...

pratt and miller has enough trust to actually let two teamates race each other to the checkered after 24 hours, because there drivers arn't hotheaded morons trying to outbrake each other in garbage 3,200lbs cars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE5cA2YTius
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

yup, double checking pole speeds, IMSA runs WAY faster than NASCAR, and for 24 hours straight.

the pole setting speed was 104.9mph, on a 2.28 mile track, thats a 1:18.2 lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAYAjsMoULk

that video, which is a GT3 Cup car, which is the slowest IMSA class car, is running a .... 1:18.XX lap.

the prototypes run at least 10 seconds faster, as they are both quicker in the corners (downforce) and quicker on the straights (more power).

wow. this is why NASCAR reports lap times in mph, to cover up how slow those cars really are at anything other than ovals.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Disclaimer - haven't watched the race yet, read a few highlights. It's on the DVR for later.

In their defense, it was the first Cup race on the Roval at Charlotte. Testing is limited by the series. I hear Kurt Busch credited his pole position to a ton of simulator time. But yes, the cars are ill suited to road courses, and the drivers are on the very edge of personal control. Jimmie Johnson has had what for him is a very bad year and he got desperate. This last race was the cut-off point in the "playoffs", with the bottom 4 of the 16 Chase drivers being eliminated. Without a win, Johnson was out. He really had zero to lose. Hell, he doesn't even have his long-time sponsor to retain at this point, and he's been trying to attract another. A win, continuing in the playoffs, and a shot at an 8th championship would have certainly helped with that. NOW he's got some problems.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    That is really goddamn cool.

trophy trucks are wild. the dampers on those things are serious

Insider
    Mesmeric...

Love proper dampers. Was lucky enough to have a few days with a 911 GT3 fitted with a set of Exe-TC dampers that cost about as much as my current car. Exe-TC produce WRC winning damper systems - World Rally Champions: Subaru 2001 | Citroen Sport 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

New Ion: Monoprice makes graphics tablets that are very well reviewed but cheaper than most other brands. Never used one myself though so know this is just a suggestion to look into them.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    So yes, your "relationship" is worthless.
    just checking in for the judgmental asshole(s) ...

most meaningful relationship of my life is still most meaningful relationship in my life. wouldn't choose to live it any other way. building a life with my partner, while we each date other humans as well. strongly considering getting married to this human, shes amazing.

Moved into the house last week.

Been a nightmare. Their shit was still all over the place (estate sale) and many of the appliances don't work. They broke the agreement in so many ways.... Found out about a rental appliance (water filter that is currently turned off...) That wasn't listed either. Also found out from the estate executor that the house was supposed to be sold as is, not like a normal sale. Obviously their realtor didn't get the memo and they signed off so not my problem(kind of?)

Anyways... Took out the sliding door today, replaced some rotten frame pieces. Have torn out all carpets on living floors (basement renos will be much later) and have done much of the required filling and sanding so we can paint. 7 days to go(took vacation for this) and lots of work still remains.

On the plus side, ordered new washer/dryer from Home Depot, found the exact models for sale for $50 less each in store. Got the refund, that was nice. Had to redo the dryer vent but have successfully done a load of laundry in my new (to me) house.

Feels good to get that out.