Page 358 of 418 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

oh yeah, id never drive a bike on the road. i mean frankly, if i never had to drive on a public road again, in anything, id be happy.

bikes for the track make a lot of sense, way cheaper. but they are more dangerous. a lot. they do teach you to be a great driver though, i know many great drivers who started on bikes. but they end up in cars after "that accident" a story that varies in what massive bone or bones were broken, but pretty much only includes a list of bones broken and a recovery time measured in double digit months.

ill take my roll cage, full fire protection, HANS device, and fire suppression system please.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Same. Was about to get a motorbike around 2006 to go riding with my roommate and his buddies.

He got rear ended at a red light a couple days before my dealership visit.

It was a sign. Nope! Got my GTI instead.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

ill amend my previous statement. in 2 inches of snow, street driving is perfection.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    ill amend my previous statement. in 2 inches of snow, street driving is perfection.
    when all your coworkers are congratulating each other on making it to work and back with there trucks, and you just sit silently knowing the miata is by far the superior car for snow work ...

Punk,

I ended up not being able to digest the price it would cost to buy the Miata I wanted, so I instead bought the BRZ I wanted. So far, it's been a brilliant little car.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Punk,

I ended up not being able to digest the price it would cost to buy the Miata I wanted, so I instead bought the BRZ I wanted. So far, it's been a brilliant little car.
    mmmm i quite enjoy the BRZ, i just wish it didnt have a subaru engine. otherwise, i love them, and coupes in general.

I heavily cross-shopped the BRZ with my FiST - wanted not a Subaru and realized that 4 doors is nice...

Also the ability to run 87 when I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    I heavily cross-shopped the BRZ with my FiST - wanted not a Subaru and realized that 4 doors is nice...

Also the ability to run 87 when I wanted to.
    i mean almost any modern engine can run 87 if you want to. they will just pull timing.

i actually love the twins (as they are often called), they even have a new spec series for autocrossing them called solo spec coupe. i just get nervous around subaru engines. though im told the fact that its NA, and the new direct injection engine it doesn't have the ring land, headgasket and overheating problems the non-direct injection engines had.

It's actually got a very solid reliability reputation, especially after 2015 (I picked up a '17). It's PI and DI if you weren't aware.

And ion, I also have a Ford hot hatch....Focus RS. The BRZ is the ying to its yang.
    OlllllllO

What's a FiST?