Page 368 of 418 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    I survived the culling.

It's been weird.
    thats good to hear.

the trump economy is really going to set in here in 2019 ...
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Maybe we could try to keep the politics in the politics thread? No need to make everything about politics. Jeez.

Car show this Sunday. I'd been hoping they'd have the Bronco there, but it's not looking too promising. 2020 F250 is a bit of a surprise. I'll be perusing the other brands as well, of course, but this is usually my "first look" opportunity for some of the stuff I'll actually get on the ground initially.

Also thinking it's a new year, might be time for a new set of goggles. We'll see how that shakes out.

I know Ford has said they've discontinued most of their Sedans for 2020. Did this include the hybrid and plug-in hybrid models as well? I thought for a while they were getting traction with the Fusion Energi (16,000 sold in 2016 at the high point).

Who plays disc golf?
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    I know Ford has said they've discontinued most of their Sedans for 2020. Did this include the hybrid and plug-in hybrid models as well? I thought for a while they were getting traction with the Fusion Energi (16,000 sold in 2016 at the high point).
    The only cars Ford dropped for 2020 are the Taurus (that nobody buys new) and the Flex (that nobody buys new). The Focus has been dead a year and nobody noticed. Fusion and Mustang are still going strong, and I suspect will continue to do so. Fusion Hybrids both in standard and Energi plug-in are still around, and we're about to get a Mustang hybrid apparently built around the 5.0 V8 and the electric drives running the front wheels... which creates the first AWD Mustang.

i think i made a breakthrough actually in my understanding of why conversations with most boomer dudes go so badly and rush to conflict so rapidly. same for lots of forum discussions.

because conversations between boomer men, and on the internet, are not actually about facts, figures, finding truth etc etc .... they are about dominance. they are about hierarchy. the conversation only exists once hierarchy has been established. this is why, for example, when i test PBN or MCB with a dummy account, and say the exact same things, very different results happen. its why me and boomer men have so little to actually relate to each other. because i have so much more life experience than them in some areas, and in many areas where they have more, i have no real interest in those areas. so either there is no conversation, or its something i have more experience or knowledge about than them ... which they don't like, because it flips the dynamic. who wants to listen to relationship advice from someone younger than them? doesn't matter that i've dated between 2 adn 10 times as many women as them, im younger, it can't possibly work. your rush to "yeah well ...." in response to that sentence merely proves my point. age actually shouldn't matter, good relationship advice is good advice, regardless of the source. and ive been in almost every kind of relationship one can think of, including dealing with infidelity on both sides.

and i don't play the hierarchy game. i dont respect it. its irrelevant to how i move through the world. its a bad metric for finding reality.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-07-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Boy that was painful to read on many levels
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Boy that was painful to read on many levels
    don't look now, you are proving the point.

ie the fact that you guys are clamoring for hierarchy (by putting down my experience), rather than approaching the conversation as equals, proves the point.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-08-2019 at 03:01 PM.

I'm reminded of a scene from Hamilton the musical: (He talked for six hours before the convention) Crowd responds, "Yo, who the f* is this?"

I really don't have the hierarchy experiences that you have with other men, though admittedly I don't tend to speak with other men from the boomer generation that aren't part of my own personal family. Within my family, it does not seem to play out the way you've experienced. It sounds unpleasant - I'd reject wanting to have interactions with people like that, too.