Page 371 of 418 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Most of the Fusions now have Sync3. 8" touch screen. From 2017 forward they're compatible with AA and AC, and the nav options on those are always up to date. I can say with great certainty that Ford hasn't done a map update in 3 years for their onboard nav. Only reason really to have nav right now is if there's a discount on it and you're leasing (see - F150). You can actually get that vehicle for less per month than a non-navigation equipped vehicle, and you don't have to use Ford's nav system.

Touch screens are like any other technology in cars. It's fine once you're used to it, and it's fine if people don't abuse it. Some people can't handle changing the radio station with a knob and driving either.
    true.

>me listening to my coworkers lecture me about how i need a truck to handle deep snow
    >me sitting at work, on time, receiving emails and texts about how my coworkers with trucks will not coming into work today.
    >while my truck sits nice and warm in my garage
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I?ve come to loathe CarPlay in my ATS. I?ve disabled it. CUE has actually gotten worse with every update. I?m definitely considering changing brands when this lease is up...
    If it makes you feel any better, infotainment is getting massively updated for newer models. 2019's get a new infotainment UI and there may be more coming. I'm only sharing what can be seen in showroom cars right now, but let me tell you it's a massive upgrade. IDK about CUE, my time in Cadillac's hasn't been bad wrt infotainment.

The bluetooth connection in my FiST drives me bonkers - once connected it's fine... once connected.

One other quirk I've noticed when comparing Ford to GM vehicles is the turn signals - my FiST feels like I need to 'push it all the way to the spot' for the lane-change indication, and my gf's Cruze (and all our other cars) seems to be 'push it out of centre' for lane-change indication. Which ends up causing lots of lane changes without signaling in my FiST.

Insider
    I primarily listen to the RADIO when driving.
    If CarPlay is enabled, ANY signal from the phone kicks the system to play music from the iPhones library instead of what I had been listening to.

Navigation apps. Text message. Power cord jiggling, Etc. it?s incredibly distracting and infuriating.

The only thing it does well is reading texts to you and allowing a reply with all voice commands and voice to text transcription.

Finally implementing Waze integration is the one useful new feature.

Note: in my 2013 ATS, CUE (pre CarPlay) didn?t behave this way. It seamlessly would do a driving direction voiceover on the radio and then return to your radio station.

Insider
    A $50 aftermarket unit with an aux in has provided me with as much functionality as I have ever wanted. Your phone already does voice commands.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I primarily listen to the RADIO when driving.
    If CarPlay is enabled, ANY signal from the phone kicks the system to play music from the iPhones library instead of what I had been listening to.

Navigation apps. Text message. Power cord jiggling, Etc. it?s incredibly distracting and infuriating.

The only thing it does well is reading texts to you and allowing a reply with all voice commands and voice to text transcription.

Finally implementing Waze integration is the one useful new feature.

Note: in my 2013 ATS, CUE (pre CarPlay) didn?t behave this way. It seamlessly would do a driving direction voiceover on the radio and then return to your radio station.
    GFs Cruze reacts similarly to CarPlay, but is fine with Android Auto. I can't say for certain if it's identical, but it sounds familiar. Not sure if it's a CarPlay thing or if it's a GM implementation thing. Might be able to find out for you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    A $50 aftermarket unit with an aux in has provided me with as much functionality as I have ever wanted. Your phone already does voice commands.
    you could go the other way too.

the miata has a cassette deck, and thriftstores still stock cassettes, for about a buck a pop. have a whole collection of the greats on tape now ...
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Sucks that you have to charge it. I bought a Bluetooth unit that hides in my dash and wires straight into the stock deck on my old Tacoma.

- - - Updated - - -

Iirc it was $50ish
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

ho baby https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...810231716.html

i have recently become obsessed with this lead sled electric conversions. mostly becuaes of the brute force engineering in them. like, oh you can buy these batteries? k. i can buy a forklift motor and some copper wires. boom. 'lectric car.

would probably see more miles than my actual 944 turbo saw

With any tech, its a matter of dealing with the early tech that is still buggy or they haven't yet gotten it idiot proof, or eschewing it for anvil tech on cases it doesn't matter. If you really want, rip out all radio and get a hook up for aux out for ipod/phone and deal only with that.

I never listen to local radio anymore, my wifey has the car with XM/Sirius, but even when i drive that, its either pandora, YouTube, or sat radio. Now my vehicle, i am not technically skilled to install a new head unit