Page 375 of 418 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I miss the ice not at all. I haven't had to move 250 cars on the lot in sub-zero temps after spending hours clearing snow off of them in a couple weeks.

Although I did submerge my old Taurus in the heavy rains a week and a half ago. Thing was starting to cost me several hundred bucks a month in repairs, so it was time to move on. Driving the last new Focus we'll ever have, at least unless Ford changes their minds on bringing in the Focus Active. "White Gold", which is really beige, hatchback with heated seats and heated steering wheel. Quite nice for a little budget car.

Love the heated seats/wheel in my RS. Nothing better on a cold morning.
    OlllllllO

Yep - heated seat is nice, wishing I had a heated wheel in my FiST.

The heated wheel is packaged with Supercruise, so any time I get to drive a work vehicle between campus' I get toasty warm hands.

Insider
    I really think a Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator is going to be my next vehicle... change my mind?
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

FCA is a pile of junk and no one should ever buy anything they make. Jeeps have not been good in 25 years.

done and done.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I've been looking at a near-future first car for my daughter who is coming quickly toward having her license. The top of her list for a first car would be Jeep Liberty, Ford Ranger Reg Cab, and Volkswagen Beetle. The top of my list for her were Rav4, CR-V, and CX-5. I pretty much have been hoping to convince her that one of the small SUVs I've been looking at would give her the look and feel of a Jeep Liberty without the perceived higher repair rates and lower reliability.

Insider
    miata is always the answer!

. . .in this case because any boy with high enough testosterone to worry about won't want to be seen in it
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I really think a Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator is going to be my next vehicle... change my mind?
    I'm a Jeep enthusiast more than anything else.

The new JL Wranglers are excellent....don't fall into the "FCA is junk"/"Jeeps are junk" narrative. I worked for FCA and hate a lot of the shit they did, but Jeeps are not junk. I launched a transmission and visited Toledo a couple times. JL's are built impressively well. We have owned a 2014 JKU since new and it's got 60k miles on it - no mechanical or electric issues and it's still rock solid with no creaks or noises inside and out. They're simple vehicles that, even to this day, use tried and true components - a NA V6 with a solid track record, the ZF 8 speed transmission which has an awesome track record, NV transfer case and Dana axles.

I'll own another Jeep (sold the amazing TJ I built) one of these days - my next project will probably be a 2 door JL Rubicon with manual trans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    miata is always the answer!
    With the above said, this is also correct.
    OlllllllO

you mean the wrangler they forgot to weld the anti-roll bar brackets to the frame on?

#justchryslerthings

also not to put fine a point on it, but im pretty sure my miata has done more off roading than the vast majority of jeeps

yes, the snow is on top because it went over the hood. because its almost 5 feet deep.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Gotta say, most days I leave work cursing everyone and everything, then I get in the next morning and think "god damn, this is really cool shit... oh well, I'll keep doing it"
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon