Page 4 of 418 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Wayne
    I'm this freaking close to injecting parts. The first mold is 100% done, as is the injection molder. I tried shooting Monday, but couldn't get anything out. I have 3 heater bands on and I think the lowest one needs to be lower on the barrel to make sure that material is hot enough. Last night was hockey, so I missed out on tinker time. More tinker time tonight. I know the pellets were melted in most of the barrel because the plunger compacted things a lot and there is signs of melted material at the top of the barrel when the plunger retracts.

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    Put in my 2 weeks notice at my current job. Going to be moving south 6 hours to the tip of Iowa (Missery/Ill-annoy-us) border. Further from paintball than I am now, but should be an interesting job. Will be working for a company that manufactures ordinance (things that go boom) for the U.S. Army. Belt fed 40mm grenades, mortar rounds, tank rounds, pouring C4, etc. complete 180* from what I'm doing now (production/manufacturing [new job] vs design [old job]). Positive is that I should have Fridays off and salary went up a bit, so maybe more paintball things after the wedding is paid for.
    Where I work we design and build things that go boom. It's fun most times, but is so big that I don't get to meddle with all of the things that interest me. I enjoy design and manufacturing and would like to be able to go back and forth. Was in an area that allowed me to do that, but that time ended and now I'm back in an area that allows me to do neither. The check still clears though, so no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by morolen View Post
    We are deep in the midst of contruction for the taproom for our brewery, in fact, we just got our drywall delivered.
    I just found out you have a brewery in your building, but didn't know it was tied to you guys as well. That's awesome. Half-block Blonde, Winter Blend Stout, Moneyshot IPA...
    Last edited by desertT1; 12-03-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Took one of these for a test drive today:

Oh man is it fun, and enough space to haul around gear. Only one in yellow in the area though is an 8 hour drive, fully loaded too . Looks like I'm settling for a blue or silver stripper model.

i have figured out a way to win two trophies, in two different cars, in two different classes, in 1 season of autocross.

should be a fun, if slightly stressful season. be nice to have the old redhead out autocrossing again too.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post

Oh man is it fun, and enough space to haul around gear. Only one in yellow in the area though is an 8 hour drive, fully loaded too . Looks like I'm settling for a blue or silver stripper model.
    I'll stick with my haunted GTI... I see about a dozen of these across the color spectrum on my daily commute...

Oh, the latest in my haunted GTI that fixes itself whenever I start talking about replacing it...

Lessee... I posted about the nasty cam/fuel pump failure that got covered by extra special extended warranty. Close to 2 years ago now. The following fall after replacing the water pump and timing belt... it started falling on its face above 2400 rpm... so basically a PITA to drive on anything but surface streets... Dealership said "unrelated" to the work they did, offered new engine at 6.5k$ or so...

After 6 months, it would start throwing a code at 2400 rpm, shut the throttle body, and start idling high... but allow revving through the power band. So now I could take it on the freeway again but had to bounce the rpm to throw the code on purpose.

Fast forward a year of driving this limping thing around hoping it would finally die... first cold morning of the fall...

Its back to normal. Runs awesome. Makes full boost, power, no goofy idles, nada.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post

img]http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/overview/1303_2013_ford_focus_st_2013_subaru_brz/45847623/2013-ford-focus-st-front.jpg[/img]

They did a really nice job on the interior of the most recent generation.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I'll stick with my haunted GTI... I see about a dozen of these across the color spectrum on my daily commute...

Oh, the latest in my haunted GTI that fixes itself whenever I start talking about replacing it...

Lessee... I posted about the nasty cam/fuel pump failure that got covered by extra special extended warranty. Close to 2 years ago now. The following fall after replacing the water pump and timing belt... it started falling on its face above 2400 rpm... so basically a PITA to drive on anything but surface streets... Dealership said "unrelated" to the work they did, offered new engine at 6.5k$ or so...

After 6 months, it would start throwing a code at 2400 rpm, shut the throttle body, and start idling high... but allow revving through the power band. So now I could take it on the freeway again but had to bounce the rpm to throw the code on purpose.

Fast forward a year of driving this limping thing around hoping it would finally die... first cold morning of the fall...

Its back to normal. Runs awesome. Makes full boost, power, no goofy idles, nada.
    Ha, I know that story. My wrangler is the same way, she'll throw error codes for a week then when I go to code it, no errors. I will be both happy and very sad to see it go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

Ha, I know that story. My wrangler is the same way, she'll throw error codes for a week then when I go to code it, no errors. I will be both happy and very sad to see it go

Would like to see a picture of the completed workshop when you're done.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Off to see another mill today to see if I can increase capacity
    I wish I could afford nice things.

Wayne
    Moving the heater bands did exactly what I was hoping. The problem is that the barrel does not have an anti-drool nozzle. Will be changing that today. So close, been a long time coming for this one.