Page 400 of 401 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401 LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4003

Thread: The OT thread V1

  1. #3991
    huh i looked pretty hard to see if they had sold it, but didn't find that. vertical scope doesn't look much better to be honest .... torstar who owns them is hurting big time too.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  2. #3992
    Insider Pump Scout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA
    Posts
    832
    Frankly, I'm not thrilled with certain aspects. Some things they've done very well with - spambot tools in particular - but some things are absurdly hard to get done apparently. And I'm not a huge fan of Torstar as an entity.

  3. #3993
    Insider imped4now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    321
    Bought a Miata, boys.
    OlllllllO

  4. #3994
    Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Bought a Miata, boys.
    well done
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  5. #3995
    Insider Pump Scout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA
    Posts
    832
    Year? Purpose (daily driver, fun-n-sun toy, racing)? And most importantly, pictures?

  6. #3996
    Insider imped4now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Year? Purpose (daily driver, fun-n-sun toy, racing)? And most importantly, pictures?
    Used 2019 RF Club

    I plan to (and have been) drive it as often as I can, pending no snow/salt and no daughter duty. I also plan to do some track/auto-x activities with it. I'll post pictures soon.

    In case anyone is curious, I owned a 2017 BRZ w/Performance Package prior. This is the model with Brembos taken right off of the much-heavier WRX STI, Ohlins shocks, a little extra bracing, and a LSD. I also had the optional STI short shifter, some solid shifter bushings, front shock tower brace, and a couple of other small items. Honestly, the steering feel, braking feel and performance, suspension tuning, and shifter feel are some of the absolute best I've ever experienced, cost not included. The ND has a ways to go before it's on the same level as that car. But, it has things the BRZ couldn't have had - a removable top and 400 lb less curb weight.

    Being 6'2" with a torso, I'm at the max height of this car with the top up. In the correct driving position, my head rubs the roof. There are some brand new full replacement seat rails/sliders available that lower the seats by about 1.25", and I've purchased them. I'm not overly impressed with the brakes (factory optional Brembos), so I've got some improved pads, SS lines and Motul fluid awaiting install in my garage. The shifter feel is good, but not quite as crisp and mechanical-feeling as the BRZ's. The steering is slightly "slower" but not bad. However, the steering wheel is junk - too slick, OD too large, too thin. I've ordered a new wheel from Guardian Designs (check them out) that accepts the factory airbag, buttons, etc. It'll be a huge improvement on that input point. Pedal spacing is OK for heel-toe shifting, albeit the spacing is slightly more between the brake and gas than the BRZ's, so that's requiring some adjustment. The suspension is soft and the sway bars (especially the rear) are hilariously small, so those are up high on my list. The body/subframes could use some bracing to tighten things up, as well.

    I think the BRZ really spoiled me, but I'll get the ND where it needs to be. The engine is much stronger and having mid-range torque is really nice. The looks are to die for, as well.
    OlllllllO

  7. #3997
    all BRZs came with LSD ....

    brake feel is all in the pads/fluid. a more aggressive pad will give you more bite. i like stoptech 309s for my street cars. bigger brakes don't actually improve braking feel and the ND has plenty of brakes even without the brembos. though, id get the club with brembos as my trim level too.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  8. #3998
    Insider imped4now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    all BRZs came with LSD ....

    brake feel is all in the pads/fluid. a more aggressive pad will give you more bite. i like stoptech 309s for my street cars. bigger brakes don't actually improve braking feel and the ND has plenty of brakes even without the brembos. though, id get the club with brembos as my trim level too.
    Totally agreed on all accounts.

    The stock ND Brembo pads are not well regarded, which I found strange since those in my BRZ were absolute face rippers. The pad area was considerably higher in the BRZ, at least it appears so. 12.8" vs 11" rotors, as well.

    My biggest complaint with the ND brake is the dead travel before anything happens. I prefer pretty immediate feedback, personally. I even went out to an empty road and did 5 hard stops from 60 back to back in the case that they just needed to be re-bedded but that didn't do much. The feel and bite just isn't where I want it. I think the calipers will be worth the added expense (although I got a pretty nice deal on the car), but they need some pads it seems. I've got some Porterfield R4S's awaiting. I'll report back once I'm done with that, the lines, fluid and bleeding.
    OlllllllO

  9. #3999
    Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Totally agreed on all accounts.

    The stock ND Brembo pads are not well regarded, which I found strange since those in my BRZ were absolute face rippers. The pad area was considerably higher in the BRZ, at least it appears so. 12.8" vs 11" rotors, as well.

    My biggest complaint with the ND brake is the dead travel before anything happens. I prefer pretty immediate feedback, personally. I even went out to an empty road and did 5 hard stops from 60 back to back in the case that they just needed to be re-bedded but that didn't do much. The feel and bite just isn't where I want it. I think the calipers will be worth the added expense (although I got a pretty nice deal on the car), but they need some pads it seems. I've got some Porterfield R4S's awaiting. I'll report back once I'm done with that, the lines, fluid and bleeding.
    might need to adjust the brake petal. sometimes there is some free travel at the start that needs to be removed by adjustment. ive had to do this on a few different cars.

    i too like a petal that literally doesn't move.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  10. #4000
    Insider imped4now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    might need to adjust the brake petal. sometimes there is some free travel at the start that needs to be removed by adjustment. ive had to do this on a few different cars.

    i too like a petal that literally doesn't move.
    I need to look at it to see where the adjustment is....pedal or master cylinder.
    OlllllllO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •