Page 408 of 418 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I ended up getting a 4Runner last week. I am pleased and have begun to explore the rabbit hole of off road bits and omg I wanna go wheeling... Incidentally my son is super geeked about my dog getting her own window in the tailgate.
    That's one hell of a rabbit hole. Try not to go too deep, otherwise you'll be looking for the correct front solid axle candidate and will spend all of your time on Pirate4x4.com. Not to mention, most nights will end with a "black shower" after hours of welding and grinding. This works a lot better when you're single than when you're not.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    Oh great another forum to dig through... holy crap its got mixed levels of activity...
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

i just accidentally bought tabs for the wrong 91 miata ....

#problemsonlyihave
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Oh great another forum to dig through... holy crap its got mixed levels of activity...
    There's more good info on there than you can believe. It's been around a long time and has hosted some of the most badass of the "hardcore" builds. I used to hang around in the "Jeep Hardcore" section back in my Jeep/fab hayday. I retired from that stuff, but I do miss it dearly.

Now I'm just putting around in this little thing.

OlllllllO

Insider
    And now I started watching some YouTube off-roading channels... 3-4 hours of 4x4 Action yesterday was pretty fun. Plus it?s Aussies and they?re hilarious!

i drove one of those rambler side by side off road things.

it was fun, didnt drive as badly as id thought it would. my only impression was one of "why does this exist?" 30+ grand for a thing that is categorically, useless.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i drove one of those rambler side by side off road things.

it was fun, didnt drive as badly as id thought it would. my only impression was one of "why does this exist?" 30+ grand for a thing that is categorically, useless.
    Because you can. Just because you don't feel that it is worth that much, others feel its justifiable. Paintball is useless. Driving on ice is useless. Having a tow vehicle is useless. Having a motorcycle is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Because you can. Just because you don't feel that it is worth that much, others feel its justifiable. Paintball is useless. Driving on ice is useless. Having a tow vehicle is useless. Having a motorcycle is useless.
    gotta love boomer privilege.

no, i cannot spend 30+ grand on a side by side without a purpose.

Some people can't own more than one car, especially not a Miata

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    Some people can't own more than one car, especially not a Miata
    yes, lets consider the 500 dollar miata, which can be used as an only car, and daily driver, compared to the 30+ grand non-street legal (which means you probably need a truck and trailer to enjoy it) toy.

that makes perfect sense.

i knew i was gonna get this kind of response when i posted, but i didn't think it would be the dumbest of all of them. i figured it was gonna be "most people can't race cars" to which id say that over the last 3 years i have spent considerably less than 30k to road race.

i didnt think someone would be bring up owning several sub 2000 dollar cars. lol. proves that point pretty well.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-04-2020 at 02:03 PM.