Page 52 of 418 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

I don't understand the point of minecraft... is it like digital legos?

Yes it is very similar. There's more to it though, its an adventure game that actually has an ending, you can beat it. There are enemies(mobs) that you can interact with, different worlds to go to (the nether, the end) and a whole bunch of stuff you can make, lots of mods to make more stuff (beer, strip mines, etc). It's a great way to burn time in a game that's as simple or complex as you want to make it.

I saw somebody build a working Stargate in game, they did a full working computer and there's a group that's building a 1:1 model of Westeros and Essos from Game of Thrones. (Last I heard, Kings Landing was done).

lol @ Nobody. But I'm a horrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    if it is xbox only then I am never going to own one

I stick with PC primarily so Oculus and the other high end VR stuff has me excited enough
    It's totally self contained, so it's probably going to be priced higher than a Morpheus or Rift, but it doesn't require a PC at all.

CastAR has me more excited, but that Hololens demo was impressive.

so then i registered on 944 hybrids ....
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Job offer came in. It is low. But it is in Knoxville. Doing power plants. Charlotte needs to call...

Landlord is forcing a move out end of month. Ugh.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Minecraft is great for blowing off steam and making without being bothered by things like money or physics, while still having some internal rules/logistics to consider.

I play in survival which means having to go and actually gather supplies/building blocks and then bring them back to where you want to build things, and meanwhile monsters try to fight you in the dark, and you have to constantly have food supply so you don't starve; but still the main point is usually explore and build more elaborate things and streamline your home-base logistics so that you can have a home to return to from foraging missions; where everything is plentiful and you can easily restock and recuperate and decorate with what you may have found.

Some nights that means spending 2-3 hours just strip-mining in a hole and seeing nothing but rock and lava. Other nights that means trying not to fall off the tower you're building, or drown in the ocean you found yourself mining under, or fight off mobs from the top of some mountain you climbed to use as a vantage point.

Dream job interview came in, one I've been hanging out for for ten years.

Same exact time as interview, wife requires emergency ultrasound. Can't reschedule either. I choose the ultrasound.

Anyway, no more interview.

No regrets, but sometimes life sucks with a vengeance.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies