Page 96 of 418 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

^ Exactly what I was thinking.

when she says shes a hunter/jumper:

probably not many horse folks here, and even fewer English riders ... but oh man. shes smoken hot, i got the perfect in cause of horses and my background with them (horse girls and car guys are like perfect together) ... but then she reveals that shes a hunter/jumper.

the struggle is so real
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

...what?

Insider
    My sister does hunter/jumper.

If you think 80s sports cars are a money pit....
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    ...what?
    hunter/jumper is like talking to a drifter in the car world. your best plan is to say "yup" to everything and slowly remove yourself from the conversation.

its quite simple:

car show people : people who never ride but spend gobs of money on horses
    guys who do those unsanctioned road rallies or toodle around the freeways : trail riders (western riders mostly)
    drifters : hunter/jumper
    autocrosser : dessage
    road racer : eventer

hierarchy of said groups graphed below:

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Can you do the same pyramid for gym bros and or paintball?

Olympic lifters have to be the apex right
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Those hip flexors though...

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Built myself a GPS Tracker today to sit in my camera. Seems to be accurate to about 6/7 meters. It's all breadboard at the moment, but it's given me an idea for a little indestructible(ish) camera tracker within a cheeseplate, which would save me a lot of headache and stressing when the airlines lose the camera. Just need to a) make it smaller, b) draw power from somewhere and c) make it work anywhere.

Anyone (Josh) got any experience with Kickstarter?
    Last edited by emisnug; 11-13-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Having a universail adapter that can fit into a number of various devices that can draw power off the main supply would be very wanted. Can't help with a cell phone but camera or laptop or anything that has a external power source, i.e. batteries, it should work.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Perhaps a method of charging the tracker's battery whilst there is power going to the camera? I know that I don't fly my camera with a battery in it (mainly because the airlines get uppity with me) - ideally, this would sit on the bottom of the camera and be able to power itself for a couple of weeks whilst it is lost.

A universal one would be a very useful thing to have, especially if you've got a lot of small, high-value devices. Hell, I'd love to put one of them on each of my lenses.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.