Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dirty DNA

Subbed to follow. I'm dying for a replacement board that's USB or wifi adjustable. I'm tired of LEDs.

subbed to follow as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I had a slight problem with the oscillators going bad, but that seems to be an insulation./shielding issue...
    I think I figured out what was causing this. A fatal flaw in the board design.

The DNA bus trace is routed underneath the oscillator. From what I have read, this is a no-no. There should be an isolated ground plane inside the component footprint to shield it.

Quote Originally Posted by TierOneJeff View Post
    Subbed to follow. I'm dying for a replacement board that's USB or wifi adjustable. I'm tired of LEDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0cwho View Post
    subbed to follow as well...
    I've learned a lot from the DNA project but feel that it is time to put it to rest which is sad as Curt has put so much work into it. Unfortunately it just isn't a viable platform in my opinion.

With this said, do not fear, headway is still being made for a universal replacement board. I've been working on oled boards for angel/eblade/promaster frames and should have something soon. With the headway that jptheripper is spearheading with his board and the Gcode projects we are much closer to a viable universal board.