Thread: GoPro Batteries

GoPro Batteries

My wife bought me a gopro for Christmas. Im strolling the internet looking for batteries because the 1 just wont be enough recording time at a 3 day game. Im seeing alot of knock off batteries on ebay and amazon. Is there any one battery to stay away from? I just dont want to destroy a new camera because I bought a cheap battery. What do you guys know about these aftermarket batteries? I can get a knock off battery and charger for half of what 1 gopro brnaded battery cost.

Thanks fot the help.

Insider
    I only use the factory battery in my Hero 2 but also am pretty good about turning it off when not in use.

Have you looked into the extended battery backpaks?

I went ahead and just ordered factory batteries. I have looked at the battery backpaks but I have the hero4 silver that has the screen on it so I dont want to cover it up.

I use these in my Hero 2 when I go to big games and want to video all day. I plug it into my truck cigarette lighter to charge. Have been running them for a few years and have no complaints:

http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-B.../dp/B005NC8BF6

Generic batteries and official batteries from most companies are made in the same factory and are identical. Problem is it is not like anyone has a list to match a poorly labelled no name battery to the identical one used in a brand name product. And there are certainly crappy no name batteries out there too.

I've used the Wasabi's before for my little NEX. They work pretty well, they just don't hold a charge long. So charge them the night before and you'll be fine, but if you go to use it two weeks after charging they'll probably be dead.

I have found that the battery does last longer if I take it out when not using the camera. I can charge it and leave it in the camera turned off and check it the next day I only have half a charge. I can charge it, take it out of the camera, put it back in a day later I have a full charge still. Almost like the camera is using power eve when turned off.