Thread: LV1 dual reg...? sure why not...

Supports Inception Designs

LV1 dual reg...? sure why not...

done entirely by Craig at Palmers Pursuit Shop.

because, and this is a quote "Because Palmer regs are the super sauce!"

lol, i love evil genius...

1972341_782084041839583_8197986641442341311_n.jpg

are they really any more?

probably one of the only floating poppit regs left. bob still uses them, but everyone else has moved on the far better floating base regs.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

The relay (on the Axe and Vanquish) is floating poppet, Bob's regs, as well as the AKA 2-Liter (for what it's worth).

I wouldn't say moving base are far better, although they are cheaper to make.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Supports Inception Designs
    Fairly sure the AKA and Palmer regs are still some of the best on the market.

Why is floating base that much better?

They are better cause Gordon said so.

The Zodiac ASA regs make up a floating poppet when coupled with the tank's pin valve. Nice way to save space, but then you'd have different outputs for every different tank.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    The Zodiac ASA regs make up a floating poppet when coupled with the tank's pin valve. Nice way to save space, but then you'd have different outputs for every different tank.
    But the Zodiak regs are very inconsistent. Mine is okay(it is coupled with the suggested output pressure tank reg), but i have seen others creep up while just sitting on the table. I would say mine is one of the good ones, yet i would not say that they are in the good range.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    The relay (on the Axe and Vanquish) is floating poppet, Bob's regs, as well as the AKA 2-Liter (for what it's worth).

I wouldn't say moving base are far better, although they are cheaper to make.
    i thought the two liter was moving base, like the sidewinder was? looking into it, i guess it is listed as a floating poppit.

moving base regulators are usually faster, more linear, easier to get to seal, and easier to package, and cheaper
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    They are better cause Gordon said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    But the Zodiak regs are very inconsistent. Mine is okay(it is coupled with the suggested output pressure tank reg), but i have seen others creep up while just sitting on the table. I would say mine is one of the good ones, yet i would not say that they are in the good range.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i thought the two liter was moving base, like the sidewinder was? looking into it, i guess it is listed as a floating poppit.
    http://paintballgunmanuals.com/manua...ter-Manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    moving base regulators are usually faster, more linear, easier to get to seal, and easier to package, and cheaper
    Last two ok, but I don't think the first two are true. A well designed floating poppet is faster than a moving base reg can be. Not sure what you mean by linearity beyond the properties of the spring.