Thread: How do you handle MacDev Service?

How do you handle MacDev Service?

I've heard that getting a MacDev marker serviced was once not much of a big deal, but our local MacDev guy no longer does repair work, and it's getting harder and harder to find help. A buddy of mine has a Droid that probably has a crack somewhere in the power tube, but he can't figure out where to send it to get it fixed. Just today I found out that Aaron Fraher at MN Pro Paintball is no longer doing the work, so now I'm at a loss as he was the last person I knew of that would receive MacDev markers by shipment. A few of the major distributors, including TMG, have told me they aren't going to sell the MacDev line anymore because they can't support them.

Any ideas? Who do you use when you need to repair a MacDev droid?

You might hold off a month or two (if you can) and see what happens with this virtue thing. Might mean more places to get them serviced.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Just get a Planet Eclipse marker.

I gave up after the third marker came back from Macdev Miami still malfunctioning.

endeavor to persevere.......

Worst case scenario send it to Canada a good friend of mine is the service center for the Colder part of North America. https://www.facebook.com/Smackballin
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

Aaron doesn't work for MN Paintball any longer , but he is still always posting Mac Dev stuff - did you contact him directly or try and contact him through MN Paintball?

Insider
    I second that, Aaron is still doing service work but no longer through MN pro.

Now that Virtue is involved I imagine they're going to set up some more service agents too.
    Alex Hodge
    Product designer @ HKArmy
    Designs | Videos | Linkedin

I had a close friend that was in the middle of trying to get his Droid serviced when communication suddenly stopped at the end of the year. I don't think MN Paintball is checking or forwarding Aaron's old email account. I'm not sure if I should suggest trying to find Aaron's new home or just wait to see if a closer Virtue center pops up.

Insider
    I have fixed a few Macdev. Guns over the years... Parts were very hard to get at one point but its become better than what it was. I'm actually placing a order this week with them to order a few things for a customer... If you know that its the power tube I could just throw it in the order and just charge you for the part and USPS to you if that would help get him up and running.

I can't speak for him on his repair, but I'll pass the word to him. He's not a forum frequenter - do you have a public page somewhere I can push his way? Thanks!

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    I can't speak for him on his repair, but I'll pass the word to him. He's not a forum frequenter - do you have a public page somewhere I can push his way? Thanks!
    You can have him email me at dimensionpaintballinfo@gmail.com

or he can message me at the dimension facebook page.

Either one works since I'm at my pc 90% of the day designing.

This way we can communicate the issue and see if we can single out other causes before ordering parts. It could simply be a wrong o-ring on the tube or something simple like that.