Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: everyone is arguing about dye, PSP and PBE and im just like ...

everyone is arguing about dye, PSP and PBE and im just like ...

sitting on tirerack.com deciding how best to spend my by tire budget this season ....

how much better is the new dunlop? will the new toyo still be the fastest in the cold/wet? the hankooks i ran last year were VERY good, but we also had a warm summer ...

buying for two cars this year too, two very different cars ...

spring is coming, what besides paintball, are we thinking about?
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    FWIW the Z2s on the M3 I've been extremely impressed with. They hurt my eyeballs.

Might be able to hit a 700 deadlift this spring, that would be cool

but mostly I'm excited about getting married
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

yeah they stopped making the z2, and just came out with the z2 star spec. the z2 didnt seem to have a solid edge over the new v2 RS3, at least around here. i was on the v2 RS3s last year, loved them. but they are vague, and on the 944 with stock springs, i think i want the peaky nature of the dunlop over the RS3s. also, at 3000lbs, the 944 is no lightweight, and the RS3s could be made to overheat last summer.

i think there is no doubt im buying some 15x9s for the 225 toyo R1R. use those on cool and wet days, and use the 225 v2 kooks on 15x8s for hot/sunny days. on the mr2.

the biggest question is star spec vs rival vs rs3 vs R71r for the 944. and i think i want star specs.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-12-2015 at 07:35 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I now own a car, instead of a rollover prone Jeep for the first time...thinking about trying out some autocross.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
    I now own a car, instead of a rollover prone Jeep for the first time...thinking about trying out some autocross.
    what kind of car, and yes, yes you should.

That is because you are a quitter....

Totally kidding.

'13 Focus ST, needed something I could still stuff all my camera gear in haha.

I hear the torque vectoring really does a number on the brakes, but that's mostly on the track, not in an autocross.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
    '13 Focus ST, needed something I could still stuff all my camera gear in haha.

I hear the torque vectoring really does a number on the brakes, but that's mostly on the track, not in an autocross.
    those are fun, for a FWD car anyway. the fiesta ST is actually the better autocrosser of the two, but the focus is fun for sure.

find your local SCCA club, sign up!

Trying mountain biking saturday.

I will let you know, if I live thru it.

endeavor to persevere.......

I want to start competing in trapshooting this year. I need to make some drastic changes to my gun before it's even remotely possible though. Upgrading an 870 will be so silly but it should be interesting.